DS #5267: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (USA)

asdfqwer426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what I've read, I take it that at this point, EDGE users need to wait for an upgrade or get a new card? I was hoping to wait a few weeks and someone would fix it, but that doesn't seem to be the case seeing as it works on almost everything else.

KougaMyazawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King_Leo over at the romulation forums is saying that he might have found the AP, and is working on a patch for the Cyclo. So lets root him on!

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you still wondering if this works on M3DS Real, it does.

I'll go over exactly what I've done if you want to follow. You may not have to do all of these steps (like reformatting the card), but it's the most recent thing I've done in order to get Super Scribblenauts to work and now this game works as well.

-Copy the contents of your SD card to your PC or Mac and reformat the card, wiping it completely.
-Copy the information back onto your SD.
-Get the newest Sakura firmware and install it
-Download the latest YSM3 and install the TTMenus and YSMenu on the root of your SD
-Put the YSM3.nds in your games folder
-Download the USA version of Golden Sun (the Europe version DID NOT work for me, and I've heard it doesn't work for others)
-Run YSM3.nds and then run Golden Sun. It should work fine.

I was going to say it's a pain in the ass having to run different micro operating systems for individual games (like Wood M3 and YS) but then I realized this is all free so I'm happy to do whatever it takes to make these work.

That being said, I AM going to say that the login disabling feature on GBATemp that makes you wait 11 minutes before trying to log in again IS a pain in the ass.

Good luck.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Necromanson said:
For those of you still wondering if this works on M3DS Real, it does.

I'll go over exactly what I've done if you want to follow. You may not have to do all of these steps (like reformatting the card), but it's the most recent thing I've done in order to get Super Scribblenauts to work and now this game works as well.

-Copy the contents of your SD card to your PC or Mac and reformat the card, wiping it completely.
-Copy the information back onto your SD.
-Get the newest Sakura firmware and install it
-Download the latest YSM3 and install the TTMenus and YSMenu on the root of your SD
-Put the YSM3.nds in your games folder
-Download the USA version of Golden Sun (the Europe version DID NOT work for me, and I've heard it doesn't work for others)
-Run YSM3.nds and then run Golden Sun. It should work fine.

I was going to say it's a pain in the ass having to run different micro operating systems for individual games (like Wood M3 and YS) but then I realized this is all free so I'm happy to do whatever it takes to make these work.

That being said, I AM going to say that the login disabling feature on GBATemp that makes you wait 11 minutes before trying to log in again IS a pain in the ass.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, was just going to just copy and try, but ill do your step by step guide first
smile.gif
takes a while to copy all of the contents tho.. damn 8GB card.. so many files to copy
tongue.gif

[EDIT]it worked nicely![/EDIT]

ExJoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsPika2219 said:
Another clean version!!!

Golden_Sun_Dark_Dawn_USA_PROPER_NDS-NukeThis

I can confirm that it is NOT working on CycloDS Evolution firmware 1.60 with a high-latency micro sd card. Black screens on normal boot, and hang on stealth boot.

CRC32: 508420E7
MD5: B9CCD41841684CCB279C9AE78B154EA6
SHA-1: 298541E857FFF37C29F45C043E50D3AE7DA00015

Without reports from the other vendors, I can't tell whether the compatibility is actually higher.

basf11214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsPika2219 said:
Another clean version!!!

Golden_Sun_Dark_Dawn_USA_PROPER_NDS-NukeThis

The RobotKillers version got nuked.

QUOTERobotKillers has missing header info and was not dumped properly

file name is nt-gsdd

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Razum said:
Still no way to get this running on a M3i Zero card?

I'm guessing since no one answered.

I'll re-ask.

So far halfway through December there's still nothing for ppl that have the dreaded gmp-z003 M3i Zero cards eh?

T____T

i'm so mad I bought taht shyt *cries*

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's always worked on the 2i... you just need two things.

1 - Go into the patch options and turn AAP (anti-Anit-Piracy) on.
2 - Your microSD card has to not suck. If you've got a shitty one with bad latency AAP won't work.

The AAP latency issues (for those with shitty microsd cards) will be fixed in AKAIO 1.8.2, which is currently in beta.

OrionTempest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally a fix for Cyclo
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Users will be pleased to note that along with this news post we have also updated the downloads section with a new firmware for the EVO which fixes a number of prominent ROM's which users have been requesting lately.

Works fine on mine so far.

ryoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeritsAlone said:
m_babble said:
Two black screens on my DS Phat using Acekard/AKAIO 1.8.1 w/ AP Bypass enabled.
I have a Kingston 4GB micro SDHC.
Even doubled checked by updating loaders via WiFi as suggested.
Am I doing something wrong here?

i have the same card so im guessing its the cards fault...

BRB throwing card far away

I have had a similar problem with mine, which is the robotkillers version. At first I just got black screens because I didn't know about the bypass anti-piracy option.
Once I enabled that option, I was elated cause I thought it was working as the initializing game loaded, followed by the title screen. I was able to start the game and
was brought to the character select screen and chose the default name and hit ok and then nothing but black screen afterwards.... ><

I'm using an Acercard 2 DSi compatible with AKAIO 1.8.1 with Bypass AP enabled and a Kingston 8 GB SDHC MicroSD card. All other games so far work without issue. I read an earlier post where someone was able to get it to work on a smaller MicroSD card even without Bypass AP enabled. (a 1 GB one). He cited it must have been a latency issue with his larger MicroSD card.
I have a non-HC 2GB MicroSD card and tried putting the Acekard software plus just Golden Sun Dark Dawn with and without Bypass AP enabled and it didn't even initialize, load the title screen, etc.

Maybe this helps someone who has a small HC MicroSD card.

ryoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basf11214 said:
Deekman said:
MeritsAlone said:
Turn it to "enabled" and look if it works, if it doesnt work then its your SD card since some SD cards isnt as effective on AK2(.1 or i with akaio 1.8.1)
Damn must be the SD card then. I'll format it with the SD Formatter and see if that will make a difference. Thanks.

Actually, I did that and, somehow, turned a micro SDHC card that used to work into one that didn't work. Although my 1gb Kingston works regardless.

MeritsAlone said:
QUOTE(m_babble @ Nov 28 2010, 05:35 PM)

I have the same card (class 4). It worked once, but I decided to format the card (since I haven't done so for several months). The result sucked.
Is this SD Formatter from the Acekard website?

ryoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basf11214 said:
Deekman said:
MeritsAlone said:
Turn it to "enabled" and look if it works, if it doesnt work then its your SD card since some SD cards isnt as effective on AK2(.1 or i with akaio 1.8.1)
Damn must be the SD card then. I'll format it with the SD Formatter and see if that will make a difference. Thanks.

Actually, I did that and, somehow, turned a micro SDHC card that used to work into one that didn't work. Although my 1gb Kingston works regardless.

MeritsAlone said:
QUOTE(m_babble @ Nov 28 2010, 05:35 PM)

I have the same card (class 4). It worked once, but I decided to format the card (since I haven't done so for several months). The result sucked.
Is this SD Formatter from the Acekard website?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2