Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SRLoader v1.2.1

What's new?
  • Thanks to @ahezard, nds-bootstrap v0.4.1 is now fixed for DSi! v0.4.1 uses DSi WRAM as LRU cache, so speed is improved.
  • Game-specific MPU settings have also been implemented from TWLoader.
  • DS/3DS theme: Press L to switch between DS and (S)GB(C) ROMs.
Improvements
  • DSi Menu: The launching animation plays faster.
Bug fixes
  • If an app such as GameYob has disabled backlights on the screen(s), SRLoader will now turn them back on if exiting from app.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So I did this because I can:

It will not auto boot the cart if you insert it after the console has booted. So it's actually a bit more useful then it was on DS Lite. Cause now you can choose not to auto boot it by just booting without the cart inserted first. :D

May prove useful in the future perhaps. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This is the autoboot the DS has? Also how do you enable it?

You need a flashcart that allows you to update the internal rom. AceKard 2i and a few of it's clones. I used Decrypt9 to update my AceKard as it has an AceKard specific menu now. ;)

But you also need hax on your DSi because you have to downgrade it to 1.4.0 and modify the DS cart white list since DS cart white list is still used for carts that auto boot. ;)

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
You need a flashcart that allows you to update the internal rom. AceKard 2i and a few of it's clones. I used Decrypt9 to update my AceKard as it has an AceKard specific menu now. ;)

But you also need hax on your DSi because you have to downgrade it to 1.4.0 and modify the DS cart white list since DS cart white list is still used for carts that auto boot. ;)
Aw shit, I don't have hax and only have a DSTwo+, oh well

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Also for those who might have noticed, I am booting akmenu4.nds directly as the internal rom for cart. Because I can white list anything I want, I have it using the akmenu4.nds as the rom it uses. With some help from Gericom. He happened to have a patcher for putting homebrew on to dev carts for his dev DS unit. Carts need a secure area. A blank one works, but this also means arm9 for homebrew needed patching. So Gericom helped me with that since the akmenu4.nds SRL was using the old 0x200 header size layout. (for older homebrew SRLs anyways since devkitarm r46/latest libnds seems to compile with homebrew already using a blank secure area with arm9 code starting at 0x4800 so it looks like homebrew on r46 can be made to boot from cart in this fashion reletively easily it appears)

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands

It will not auto boot the cart if you insert it after the console has booted. So it's actually a bit more useful then it was on DS Lite. Cause now you can choose not to auto boot it by just booting without the cart inserted first. :D

Flipnote is in your fourth spot, flipnotehax confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: MyDePain

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice miku theme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.