Homebrew DSi Nintendo Zone app?

D

Deleted User

This is a pretty cool thing you have! What's it called and where can I buy it?

JoycieC

JoycieC
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo Zone Box, they're littered all over the place as they provide the Nintendo Zone Service and free WiFi for 3DS users when you're at a McDonald's or similar.

You can often see them behind or under the counter at shops selling video games or off in the distance somewhere sitting plugged in.

Can't be bought I'm afraid.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I guess this info won't help, but I'm pasting it anyways for those who want to know,

"I was given a DSi NAND dump by someone who does not want to be named. Idecrypted the DSi NAND dump and modified each DSi system app srl that I found so that they could show on the 3DS home menu and converted them to CIA. :)

Three of them did not work at first: DS Download Play, DSi System Settings, and Retail Launcher
(Launches the DSi Menu). DS Download Play would not boot no matter what I did to it, so @Apache Thunder sent me his dev DS Download Play srl that worked fine as a CIA. DSi System Settings works if you add the missing files that are in a DSi NAND but are not in the 3DS's TWL NAND into the TWLN. However, if you change the Title ID of System Settings to make it show on the home menu, it will break the modcrypt and won't work. Because of this, I edited the source of Apache Thunder's PictoChat Launcher to make a CTR mode forwarder for DSi System Settings, so that I could boot it from my home menu. To use that forwarder you must have the unmodified DSi System Settings CIA installed as well. Retail Launcher does not work as of now, but @Apache Thunder or maybe even me may find a way to boot it eventually.

The DSi Shop boots but cannot connect to the internet. However, DSi Browser boots and can connect.
You can browse the internet just fine. The DSi Nintendo Zone also works, and you can use the offline memo option just fine. There are no more DSi NZone hotspots, so I was not able to test if the 3DS could connect to them. DSi Camera works, but cannot view photos taken with the 3DS Camera. You can view the photos that you take with the DSi Camera with the 3DS Camera though. DSi Sound works like how it did on a DSi, and PictoChat and DS Download Play work the same as well.

UPDATE (5/23/2017): @DarkGabbz was able to backup his DSi NAND and give me the EU .app for 3DS System Transfer. I made it into a visible CIA using the same method plus Apache Thunder's modcrypt script. The CIA is in the Google Drive folder but not in the mirror. Make a NAND backup before playing with it!"

D

Deleted-394630

I have one of these, if you want me to play with it give me a shout.
Runs fine on TWLoader, it's quite honestly just half a DSi (bottom half) with no sound / battery, requires constant power and once it's on the screen stays on, so none of the settings save (like brightness etc) after it's powered back on due the lack of a battery.

It serves no other real purpose outside of being a cheap method of running the cartridge, it also runs DS / DSi games fine, so you can play Wario Ware if you don't mind the lack of sound.

There are two screw-covers, one for the cartridge slot and one for the SD card slot.

Once you start the NZone cart up it turns everything upside down and you need to connect it to a WEP enabled WiFi access point.

Let me know if you want to know anything else about it, but I believe the ROM for this cartridge is more or less the exact same as all the others, they just have different stickers for the purpose of records and tracking.
Where the hell did you find that? Like, bought it, not behind a counter. Did some game shop give it to you, flea market, or did you buy it online? Of course I know it's not sold officially.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but I believe the ROM for this cartridge is more or less the exact same as all the others,
AFAIK, there's actually no dumped one with that logo!

Where the hell did you find that? Like, bought it, not behind a counter. Did some game shop give it to you, flea market, or did you buy it online? Of course I know it's not sold officially.
The demo and otherwise commercial-use "games" (with rare exceptions like NTRAging) usually come from where they're supposed to be used - either it's stolen from them, or it's being phased out and the shopkeeper gives it to a friend/sells on ebay (it's not like there's a significant need for Nintendo to aggressively get them back, and they're so small claiming loss is realistic - unlike the FDS disk writers) or almost better, dumps it and gets it leaked through some not directly traceable sources :)

D

Deleted-394630

AFAIK, there's actually no dumped one with that logo!

The demo and otherwise commercial-use "games" (with rare exceptions like NTRAging) usually come from where they're supposed to be used - either it's stolen from them, or it's being phased out and the shopkeeper gives it to a friend/sells on ebay (it's not like there's a significant need for Nintendo to aggressively get them back, and they're so small claiming loss is realistic - unlike the FDS disk writers) or almost better, dumps it and gets it leaked through some not directly traceable sources :)
I meant the console, the weird nintendo zone box, not the gamecard.

D

Deleted User

Whelp. It's been done. Was it worth wasting a lot of my free time?

HELL YEAH!

Attachments

• HNI_0051.JPG
    HNI_0051.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 667
D

Deleted User

There you go! I did it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TBH I've never really used it so bear with me....

Do you have a closed.pizza account?

D

Deleted-394630

There you go! I did it.

TBH I've never really used it so bear with me....

Do you have a closed.pizza account?
Uh... no, lemme see what that is. Oh okay, that's a neat site, but no, I don't have an account.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
-snip-
That's the link to the Youtube video i just made about it. Just so you know you need Homebrew and FBI to do it. i'd recommend cfw as well.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, how did you installed DSi titles on 3DS? I've trying somehow to install it but I can't :'O

Also, the Nintendo DSi Zone should work with BestBuy Nintendo DSi zone beacon ROM, isn't it?

EDIT: somehow I found the BestBuy DSi Zone ROM, but the damn zip has password...

D

Deleted User

Holy shit, how did you installed DSi titles on 3DS? I've trying somehow to install it but I can't :'O

Also, the Nintendo DSi Zone should work with BestBuy Nintendo DSi zone beacon ROM, isn't it?

EDIT: somehow I found the BestBuy DSi Zone ROM, but the damn zip has password...

-don't link to warez!-

I tried loading the ROM on TWLoader, but that doesn't work. I saw the compatibility list and it just doesn't boot.

Last edited by Issac,

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
-don't link to warez!-

I tried loading the ROM on TWLoader, but that doesn't work. I saw the compatibility list and it just doesn't boot.
It seems you got ninja'd 'cause you put warez here. rip lol

Anyway, as far I know, it needs the special GBA cartridge that had to make it work. (it's like extra RAM I guess...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs