Homebrew DSi Nintendo Zone app?

D

Deleted User

I thought that would be the case. So I guess this won't work unless we have that Memory cartridge as well.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Holy shit, how did you installed DSi titles on 3DS?
Simple, convert app/nds/srl to cia with make_cia or makerom, and install them

(3DS home launcher ignores DSi system titles, so you can launch them from FBI/DevMenu, or edit the titleID-high inside the file from 00030005 to 00030004, or acquire/steal/find preconverted ones)

Also, the Nintendo DSi Zone should work with BestBuy Nintendo DSi zone beacon ROM, isn't it?
The beacon is just half of the job, you also need to supply a wifi network with the correct SSID, encryption type, password, and possibly MAC - or to develop a romhack of the beacon rom so that it sends beacons that point to your favorite wireless network (I had a quick look at the rom, they're not in plaintext so I gave up)

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
i think so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's this as well; I THINK it doesn't go further into what we want accomplished, but I'm pasting it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tmd-files-preservation.471610/
They already have most DSi TMDs and DSiWare titles dumped. Since we have the 3DS and the eShop (Freeshop/CIAngel to be exact) that has DSiWare, I think most titles has been already dumped. Even with this, the DSi can be hardmodded and install DSi titles on DSi NAND thanks to the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

Just to be sure, are you guys trying to connect to the internet with a random access point or the BestBuy one? (with the Distributor)

D

Deleted User

I used the SslPatcher so that the Distribution Rom could connect to altwfc. I don't have an R4 to test this though

Managed to find a Nintendo Zone Wireless Distribution Box rom to try my luck there but it needed to connect to the internet first and it gets a access denied error when it does. (Guessing it's due to the Nintendo WiFi shutdown.) No dumps of the other NZone carts (Best Buy) exists to test as well.

Was really curious about this for a while and really wanted to play around with it. (and also have a neat and rare icon on the menu. :P)

I wish I had an R4 to test this out... dang!

I have one of these, if you want me to play with it give me a shout.

Once you start the NZone cart up it turns everything upside down and you need to connect it to a WEP enabled WiFi access point.

The name of the AP is supposed to be the same to that as the WDistribution Rom?

Edit: It is.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Test Release?

What you need:
1. From the internet, you have to download all the required files (the distribution box rom, and the bestbuy beacon)
2. You need to set up a wifi router, (or hotspot might work too) preferably named "BestBuy". It needs to have no security.
3. One DSi, and two a DS with two flashcarts (I think any one will do fine)

Steps:

Ok, this part is very hard to understand because I'm a dumbass, but if you think you can read it, give it a shot.

1. First, use the latest version of the SSLPatcher to Patch the Distribution Box rom so that it can work over the custom server "altwfc". Then insert the modified rom (which should say [NOSSL] at the end of the rom) into the flashcart for the console that will send the Nintendo Zone.

2. We will now set up the WiFi settings on each console with their own flashcarts.

3. Delete all your settings, restart the console, go to WiFi settings again.

4. Make a new connection.

5. Enter in your Access Point's settings, and set auto-obtain DNS to "no" and use this one for both systems:

104.131.93.87 - Primary DNS
Secondary DNS - same as primary DNS.

After that, test your connection. If it worked, congrats. You're ready for the next part.

6. Run the Distribution Box Rom from the other DS. Then wait at the DSi menu, and I think Nintendo Zone might pop up using this method.

I'm sorry if it didn't work and it wasted your time. I'm not that smart.

Let me know if it works please!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

Of course if it were to ever work, we'd need to hack the app in order to let us play some games, because it seems that the distributer might actually be the part that let's you download the games. And I don't think altwfc has any thing like that. But then again, I do remember the Animal Crossing DLC that was given out to people who played City Folk.

Last edited by ,

Chunbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just checked the thread in a long while, tried out the steps above with the distribution rom but it's stuck on Updating Contents with an Error 10-49 and then cancelling the transmission. Not sure if I did any of the steps wrong (DNS or WiFi settings). Also what do you do with the BestBuy beacon rom anyway? It's not patchable with SSLPatcher.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Just checked the thread in a long while, tried out the steps above with the distribution rom but it's stuck on Updating Contents with an Error 10-49 and then cancelling the transmission. Not sure if I did any of the steps wrong (DNS or WiFi settings). Also what do you do with the BestBuy beacon rom anyway? It's not patchable with SSLPatcher.
I think there might be a way to skip updating, but I'm not sure. I was wondering about the BestBuy Beacon since the very beginning of this, but I never thought it would be an issue. Thanks for the test, at least I know now that it works somewhat, but when it asks the custom server for updates (that it doesn't have) it generates the error you get.

Also, something else I didn't take into consideration when I made that last comment: the power control cartridge. What does it even do? Controls a DS's power due to instability when it gives out the Nintendo Zone hotspot? Maybe. I just don't know where it plays a role and I'm wondering if it would even work with an R4, plus a modified room.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

So I have an R4 now, but no access point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's nice to know you still believe it could be achieved somehow, thanks for responding :)

Caboosium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What about making the WiFi name "Bestbuy"?

Edit:
What about making the WiFi name "Bestbuy", "Best buy", "Best Buy", or "BestBuy". Maybe another combination. "Nintendo", "WFC", "Nintendo WFC", "DS", etc.

Last edited by Caboosium,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.