ED64 Plus... my impressions. Any Owners around here?

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone know if its possibly to play wwf no mercy? wont work and cant seem to find the anti lockout/piracy patch for it.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if its possibly to play wwf no mercy? wont work and cant seem to find the anti lockout/piracy patch for it.
When you say it's not working do you mean it doesn't load at all? Or is it the save glitch? If it's the save glitch make sure to use the USA 1.1 version as that had the save glitch fixed.

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pal console using the (E) v1.1
Wont load at all, just black screen after the game in launched from the os.

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What version of the ED firmware are you running? Have you tried the USA one as mentioned?
ed64 plus's 128 firmware. I also tried with alt64 firmware but same thing. Not too sure whats happening there. USA one just loads to black screen too.

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
USA boots perfectly fine on the official ed64 in my testing.
That's strange. Might just be for pal consoles using the ed then? Hmm
That, jet force Gemini, dk64 and banjo tooie are the only games I've noticed so far that won't start. Patched Gemini so that works fine now and same as dk and banjo tooie but just waiting for an expansion pak to test those.

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep still doesn't work and there isn't any patches for it if that is the cause. So wwf no mercy so far is the only game I've noticed won't play. Just a heads up to anyone who buys the ed64 plus in the future (pal n64 system)

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
The rom included on the sd card doesn't work, I haven't tried the pal version but this one works "WWF No Mercy (USA) (Rev A)"

Edit: I'm using a pal N64.

Last edited by steelseth,

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The rom included on the sd card doesn't work, I haven't tried the pal version but this one works "WWF No Mercy (USA) (Rev A)"

Edit: I'm using a pal N64.

Oh nice I'll give it a try. So us rev a then? I'm using pal n64 too.
Is this using the ed 64 plus enhanced though?

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
The US version is the one I tried, the pal Rev. A could work as well I dont know.
I think its the enhanced version, its the one without the cartridge slot one top.

cpjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The US version is the one I tried, the pal Rev. A could work as well I dont know.
I think its the enhanced version, its the one without the cartridge slot one top.
Oh nice, yeah same, hopefully it works then! I was just seeing a black screen with the (e) version

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1:Keep the ed64p folder with the os.z64 in it at sd card root

2Download and extract the alt64 files and drag and drop the folders onto the root of your sd

3: Copy the OS64.v64 file from the ED64 folder and paste it into the ED64P folder, then with the OS64P.V64 file, rename it to anything you want

4:With OS64.v64 file from the ed64 folder file rename it to OS64P.V64

This somehow trick the cart into loading the alt64 or official everdrive os's

At least on my ed64p, this doesn't work correctly. Specifically, while the loader does run, it will not choose the right save format the first time. Ie, if you load rom1 then rom2, it'll try using rom1's save format for rom2. Also, it doesn't seem to save correctly even if you load the same rom twice. *shrug* Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least on my ed64p, this doesn't work correctly. Specifically, while the loader does run, it will not choose the right save format the first time. Ie, if you load rom1 then rom2, it'll try using rom1's save format for rom2. Also, it doesn't seem to save correctly even if you load the same rom twice. *shrug* Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not.

Yeah, for some reason this only worked for me. Maybe because mines the older version of the cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.