Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Am i the only one who was expecting some 12 year old going "can we pls have ps4 on swithc" but this is actually pretty good! Good amount of research to estimate. I don't really know, I know for sure we are gonna be able to play retro consoles.

Reactions: Dionicio3

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) emulation of these? Probably not. Not jynxing anything, just most Nintendo consoles don't have enough power to emulate anything past GBA.
I know you are probably exaggerating but if the new 3ds can Emulate most Gba, Snes, nes games almost perfectly and Emulate (Some) DS games and ps1 games at a kind of playable rate the switch should handle those quite well. the problem is that we would probably have to wait years for a stable emulator

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I know you are probably exaggerating but if the new 3ds can Emulate Gba, Snes, nes games almost perfectly and Emulate (Some) DS games and ps1 games at a kind of playable rate the switch should handle those quite well. the problem is that we would probably have to wait years
Do you know how emulation works? Also, nice bump, last reply was almost a month ago

Tonydaexpert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how emulation works? Also, nice bump, last reply was almost a month ago
I do know how it works. You could go into details if you want but give it 3-4 years or more with the assumption of Nintendo not being super strict of stopping us from hacking our switch and you will see some results. There is always a way you just have to find the right path. It depends on the developers of the emulators more than the switch hardware

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I do know how it works. You could go into details if you want but give it 3-4 years or more with the assumption of Nintendo not being super strict of stopping us from hacking our switch and you will see some results. There is always a way you just have to find the right path. It depends on the devs
Um, there is not always a way. There is something called hardware and software limitations. Plus, some computers can't even handle DS and 3DS emulation, and they're more powerful than the switch

Tonydaexpert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, there is not always a way. There is something called hardware and software limitations. Plus, some computers can't even handle DS and 3DS emulation, and they're more powerful than the switch
true, there is no way to fully tell what the switch software is capable of yet but there is a higher chance than not going of past history that it could emulate older consoles like the SNES. Nintendo uses emulators for Virtual console meaning as long as they don't somehow lock out parts of the Switch's hardware/software for use those can be emulated, the main thing that separates Nintendo's VC emulators and our emulators are knowledge of the aspects of the Switch and the console they are emulating. Though I was technically wrong about the DS emulation because twloader for 3DS technically isn't "Emulation" so I take that back but Nes and SNES are pretty much guaranteed since Nintendo is planning on using it for Game Selection.

SonicvMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drastic, a DS emulator for Android, runs beautifully on an Nvidia Shield which also uses an X1 like the Switch. 3DS will probably never happen on Switch though.

Last edited by SonicvMario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning