Status
Not open for further replies.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should add a note to the apps that require root access like Titanium Backup for example incase a new android user wonders why he can't use that app.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should add a note to the apps that require root access like Titanium Backup for example incase a new android user wonders why he can't use that app.
As much as I'd love to, there's far too many apps in the list for me to go through each and every one. Plus, usually most apps mention they require root in their Market listing.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good grief, so many! I'm assuming we're not including android pre-installed apps (id est, Gmail)? +1 for all the following...

Go Launcher Ex
Dolphin Browser HD/Mini (whichever you prefer)
Tapatalk (even though favorites and notifications don't work for GBA Temp, bummer)
Friendcaster (3rd party facebook client)
Google Currents
Google Music
Voodoo Sound control (for ROMs that support it)
Google Voice (if you're on Sprint, since you can make your Voice and Sprint number the same, and hence have an eternal log of your text messages and call history)
ES File Explorer (great file manager, and it's free with no ads)
Evernote (great notepad app, synced using both desktop and mobile clients)
Alarm Clock Extreme (includes features such as Captchas and math problems to make alarms snooze or dismiss, minimizing your chance of going back to sleep)
AdFree Android (for rooted phones)
Chainfire 3D, and addon CFLumen (includes many screen features such as a F.Lux-like screen temperature changer for night time)
Volume+ (for those on CyanogenMOD ROMs with lowered max volume)
All of Yongzh emulators
FPSE
BluezIME (for iControlpad, and other bluetooth controllers)
PewPew and PewPew 2 (best Android game, imo: think Asteroids, but a billion times better)
Dropbox
Juice Defender
Lookout
Mybackup Pro
Pocket (try it out, trust me)
ROM Manager (for rooted devices with custom ROMs)
Trillian
SlideMe MarketPlace (for "banned" apps like Yongzh emulators)
Superuser (for rooted devices)
Wikimobile or Wikimobile 2

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Gameboid
N64oid
Dungeon Hunter 3
Sims Freeplay
Tower defense:lost earth
PsStore
PlayStation Pocket (PlayStation certified devices only)
Facebook
Nexus Rain Livewallpaper

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Games:
Angry Birds/Space/Rio
Fruit Ninja
Line Runner
Paper Toss
Pocket Soccer
Pokemon Online[You need to get it from the Pokemon online website as an apk though]
PokeDex 3D Buddy
AR Cards
PokeCalc-Trainers Edition

Apps:
AndroIRC
Barclays Football
AppsInstaller
Messenger With You
Shake To Charge
UStream
Twitter
YouTube

Live Wallpapers
Blue Skies
Shake Them All
Nexus Rain

Note-Everything Above is Free

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally bothered to update this thread. FYI: I don't count mass votes like "All of Yongzh's emulators." Name them all, and I will +1 them all. You're not going to make me work hard remembering all of them because you were too lazy to write them all down.

Sometime soon I'm going to label all of the root-required apps with ♠.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no point, though. All of yongzh's apps are the exact same (UI, features, etc) except for the console they emulate. It makes more sense to just +1 them all. It's about practicality, not laziness.

Anyway, regardless, +1 for...

Gameboid
SNESoid
NESoid
GBCoid
N64oid

Those are the ones I used, so I can't rate the others (though, again, they are the exact same)

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point, though. All of yongzh's apps are the exact same (UI, features, etc) except for the console they emulate. It makes more sense to just +1 them all. It's about practicality, not laziness.

Anyway, regardless, +1 for...

Gameboid
SNESoid
NESoid
GBCoid
N64oid

Those are the ones I used, so I can't rate the others (though, again, they are the exact same)
See, there's the other side of it. If I just +1'd everything, systems almost no one would use (see: Gearoid) would be at the top.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Shake To Charge
Sorry but I have to instantly -1 this.
It won't work or should I say it can't work becouse there aren't dynamo in your phone (look wikipedia dynamo and no - proximity is just analog-digital converter). It just looks at proximity sensor and tells it's "charged" even if androids own power manager says battery has drained even more becouse it has access tons of things on your phone. Can you name one good reason this kind of app needs access to your personal data, GPS and internet connection?
I can't believe how much 5 star ratings this spyware has. Maybe app rates itself 5 stars with all access it has becouse at least all finnish reviewers gave it just 1 star and begs everyone to stay away from it.

Just use your head ppl and always look what app wants to do with your phone before installing.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It won't work or should I say it can't work becouse there aren't dynamo in your phone (look wikipedia dynamo and no - proximity is just analog-digital converter). It just looks at proximity sensor and tells it's "charged" even if androids own power manager says battery has drained even more becouse it has access tons of things on your phone. Can you name one good reason this kind of app needs access to your personal data, GPS and internet connection?
I can't believe how much 5 star ratings this spyware has. Maybe app rates itself 5 stars with all access it has becouse at least all finnish reviewers gave it just 1 star and begs everyone to stay away from it.

Just use your head ppl and always look what app wants to do with your phone before installing.
I guess you've fallen for the joke app as well. It's there to trick people and it states in the description that it's for fun only.

Reactions: 2 people

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess you've fallen for the joke app as well. It's there to trick people and it states in the description that it's for fun only.
Not to mention I don't support -1's.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Not to mention I don't support -1's.
Joke apps only needs permission to use internet for ads. This one needs all other things as well.
There's actually several apps named "Shake to charge" and only one mentions it's only joke and even that one needs ridiculously many permissions.

Sorry I mixed things with another essentials thread which allowed -1 for really bad games ^^;

Reactions: 1 person

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Titanium Backup
Nova Launcher
GooManager
Chrome
AirDroid
AndFTP
AndroIRC
franco.Kernel Updater
Music Off! I'm Sleeping
Pandora
OfficeSuite Pro
Solid Explorer
Super Video
Minecraft
Block World
Plants Vs Zombies
Zenonia (1-4)
DoodleGod
FoxFi
Google Reader (kinda sucks but I like having my RSS feeds synced across any re-flash I do)
Cloud Print (I use my in-house MInecraft/FTP/HTTP server as a print server now as well, and it's fucking awesome)
Shopkick (just used my first $10 giftcard at Target yesterday, and it actually does work, surprisingly)
Soundwire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You snooze you lose.