megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

i so lolled when i did see this and also the result was obviously to unsuspected. everything what you think that doesn't happen does happen

VEEEERYYY

anime: Konjiki no gash bell

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
i so lolled when i did see this and also the result was obviously to unsuspected. everything what you think that doesn't happen does happen

VEEEERYYY

anime: Konjiki no gash bell
Holy very shit! It's Norio Wakamoto!

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jyu-Oh-Sei

just recently watched it.
It's only a short 11 episodes, but it's worth a watch on youtube or something.
It can be mediocre at times, but with how short it is it's a refreshing story that you get into, and wont take up too much of your life like long running series like Bleach, Naruto, etc.
But for the love of god watch it with Subs. I think the dubbed version had women do the voice acting for the main male characters and it sounded really odd.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have seen recently I must say,

-Future Boy Conan (a Miyazaki masterpiece that I just discovered)
-Eureka Seven (my fave anime, which I didn't even enjoy in the beginning)
-Legend OF Galactic Heroes (digging the story, but I have much more to go)
-Votoms (rugged, gritty, mecha anime)

For some reason I am digging the older anime a lot more nowadays. The character designs feel more appealing to me. I never realized how much anime I didn't like until I actually thought about it. Most of the newer stuff is garbage. I even hated Gurren Lagan. Kinda makes me sad because everyone hyped it to be the best thing since sliced bread. Made it ten eps. in and quit.

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
Goshogun1 said:

For some reason I am digging the older anime a lot more nowadays. The character designs feel more appealing to me. I never realized how much anime I didn't like until I actually thought about it. Most of the newer stuff is garbage. I even hated Gurren Lagan. Kinda makes me sad because everyone hyped it to be the best thing since sliced bread. Made it ten eps. in and quit.

If you're starting to like older anime, Urusei Yatsura is a great one to get into. It was written by Rumiko Takahashi, who also did Ranma 1/2, and Inu Yasha. Its a sci-fi romantic comedy. It also has a lot of jokes and gags based on Japanese folklore. So, if you really want to go all otaku, you can try to study the references in this show.

Too bad you didn't like Gurren Lagan. They did some things in story writing that are very unique and rare in anime. Its like they took all the cliches from action adventure animes and put them all 2 or 3 steps over the top. I really liked it.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenchan4 said:

If you're starting to like older anime, Urusei Yatsura is a great one to get into. It was written by Rumiko Takahashi, who also did Ranma 1/2, and Inu Yasha. Its a sci-fi romantic comedy. It also has a lot of jokes and gags based on Japanese folklore. So, if you really want to go all otaku, you can try to study the references in this show.

Too bad you didn't like Gurren Lagan. They did some things in story writing that are very unique and rare in anime. Its like they took all the cliches from action adventure animes and put them all 2 or 3 steps over the top. I really liked it.

You are preaching to the quire on Urusei Yatsura. I LOVE that show so much. The movies are great as well, especially the second one that involved dreams. Glad someone else has heard of it! A lot of the humor in the show is timeless.

Might give Gurren Lagan another chance some day. I'll give it one thing though and admit the animation was pretty cool.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goshogun1 said:

Well, while I understand that you have some good tastes in anime, as you actually watch the old classics, the fact that you hated Gurren lagann is a bit weird for me.

I grew up watching all the classic mecha anime, like Granzort, G Gundam (Like one or two eps. Watching the series right now though), GaoGaiGar, Gundam Wing, and a few other robot animes I forgot about. I really haven't enjoyed an anime like Gurren Lagann in a long time. In the current days, the mech anime aren't like what they once used to. Not a bad thing as it spewed a few good watches like Code Geass, but it completely ditched what had once made the genre so great. Then Gurren Lagaan came in, and bam. It never really took itself seriously (Well, it sort of does after episode 15), had a lot of likable hotblooded characters, and I've seen things most mech anime just don't have these days. Gave me quite a nostalgic feeling. But oh well, everyone has their own opinions.

But still, please, just a few more episodes. Just a few more.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
But still, please, just a few more episodes. Just a few more.

Ya know I might just do that. I might even be willing to watch from the beginning to see if my opinions have changed. Maybe I was approaching it as something it wasn't, and was let down because of that. The amount of love Gurren Lagan has received can't be for nothing. I appreciate the hype and will give it another go. Thank you!
smile.gif

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's been a while.

SDF Macross
SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Macross 7
Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me
Macross Plus
Macross Zero
Gravion Zwei (Gravion was lolGonzo shit, but Zwei was much better)
Giant Robo
Sengoku Basara (SUBS WHERE?)
Gun X Sword
Martian Successor Nadesico
Escaflowne

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Soul Eater
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Asu no Yoichi
Green Green
smileipb2.png

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Can't think of more now, I'll post some more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr