Hardware Expanding ps3 internal hd question

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I got a slim ps3 with 100gb internal memory and i would like to expand that. My question is: If i buy an extra internal HD would this expand my internal memory or do i need to replace the 100 gb for a bigger one? Also would the ps3 see the extra internal hd as an expansion on the 100gb i have or does the ps3 see that hd as an external hd?

I ask this because i have a slim model and would love the put some ps2 games on it, they need to be on the internal memory.

Thanks for any reply that will clear the sky ;)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I got a slim ps3 with 100gb internal memory and i would like to expand that. My question is: If i buy an extra internal HD would this expand my internal memory or do i need to replace the 100 gb for a bigger one? Also would the ps3 see the extra internal hd as an expansion on the 100gb i have or does the ps3 see that hd as an external hd?

I ask this because i have a slim model and would love the put some ps2 games on it, they need to be on the internal memory.

Thanks for any reply that will clear the sky ;)
i dont follow when you extra.

you can only have 1 internal hdd.

its a bit of a self answered question.

if i put a 200GB internal HDD in my PS3 will it expand my memory..... erm yes.

if the HDD is inside the console, its internal.

if the HDD is external (USB) then its external.

you can copy games to both.

so if you insert a bigger hdd into your console it will detect it ontop of your usb ones and be able to use both

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You likely have a 120 GB HDD in it, but yes, you need to pull the old ond out and insert a bigger one in there.

You could format it as FAT32 or NTFS and use Multiman's PFS driver to load games off off but I prefer internal loading over USB.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You likely have a 120 GB HDD in it, but yes, you need to pull the old ond out and insert a bigger one in there.

You could format it as FAT32 or NTFS and use Multiman's PFS driver to load games off off but I prefer internal loading over USB.
internal is NTFS.

if you insert a new HDD into your console it will detect that its not formatted and will wipe your drive to use on the PS3.

if your using external (USB) you can use either FAT32 or NTFS but for NTFS you need to use PFS as mentioned above, if you cant be arsed with that simply stick with FAT32 and not that many games have a file over 4GB, but if you do, you can use aldo's tools to split large files.

when you select the game in MM it will show games with split files with a box saying split files in red, when mounted it will join the split files and copy to the console so when you boot the game it loads that file.

this is only required to do once, unless you clear the data from MM settings.

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks,

Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Last edited by defrb,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
internal is NTFS.

if you insert a new HDD into your console it will detect that its not formatted and will wipe your drive to use on the PS3.

if your using external (USB) you can use either FAT32 or NTFS but for NTFS you need to use PFS as mentioned above, if you cant be arsed with that simply stick with FAT32 and not that many games have a file over 4GB, but if you do, you can use aldo's tools to split large files.

when you select the game in MM it will show games with split files with a box saying split files in red, when mounted it will join the split files and copy to the console so when you boot the game it loads that file.

this is only required to do once, unless you clear the data from MM settings.

Internal HDD's format is a proprietary format if I'm not mistaken.

But that's literally what I just said.
Multiman can read both NTFS and FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.