Hacking Ez flash 3 battery socket placement?

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I’m still rocking my ez flash 3. It’s a 4gb version. The battery has run dry like forever ago and I was looking at finally replacing the battery. One search lead me to a user suggesting soldering in a battery socket so I can easily replace the battery next time. I’m looking for help finding a socket to house a proper battery for this cart. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 8D333B8F-6EC8-4327-A83D-C382179A52B8.jpeg
    8D333B8F-6EC8-4327-A83D-C382179A52B8.jpeg
    962.6 KB · Views: 351

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Depending on how fruitless your search turns up, consider this: I swapped more than 10 batteries on GB and GBA carts, including an EZflash 3in1 phat, which is the same size as your cart and had the same battery. You can use a thin screwdriver or razor to pop the solder points on the battery free from the metal connectors. Then you can put in any battery and wrap tape to secure it. In my case I managed to outright bend the connectors backwards and fit a big CR2032 on the right side of the cartridge.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe i didnt try that route before. i busted out the old battery and slid in a new 2025 i had. ill keep this in there until my 2020 battery gets here. i didnt even use tape. there was enough pressure from just putting the shell back together that the battery wont move around (unless i drop the whole thing on the ground). problem solved. No fruits were yielded.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.