Hacking EZ Flash IV 2.0 Kernel Release - No more patching

libertyernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked before, but I'm wondering what's the best way to get emulators like SMSAdvance to save correctly on the 2.03 firmware? I've tried both patched and unpatched versions (I'm pretty sure) and it always just saves an 8 KB save file, not a 64 KB one.

TheRedChord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did saving work before you updated? The battery might be dead in the cart. You could try a soft reset and see if it saves.

If you know the battery is still good, then try to run the client app on windows 7 or windows 10 in compatibility mode. Also run it as admistrator.

Saving did not work before I updated. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try it out.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This has probably been asked before, but I'm wondering what's the best way to get emulators like SMSAdvance to save correctly on the 2.03 firmware? I've tried both patched and unpatched versions (I'm pretty sure) and it always just saves an 8 KB save file, not a 64 KB one.
Overwrite the 'smsadvance.pat' in the 'PATCH' folder with the one in the zip I've attached. SMSAdvance should now use 64k saves.

Attachments

• smsadvance.zip
    170 bytes · Views: 264
Reactions: zfreeman

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am glad I logged back on to see if there was anything new. And I am glad that I did.

I love this patch! There were some games I wanted to add to my EZ Flash IV, but I didn't want to go through the process of using that client.

All my games play fine. I was thinking about upgrading to the ED-GBA, especially if they released a standardized GBA cartridge size. But I think with this upgrade, the EZ Flash will keep me. It's a standard GBA cartridge size, no more patching required, and all my games play fine. What more can I ask for?

gorzki85

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi
First - sorry for my english;)
And 2nd
In my ez-flash IV with 2.03 kernel I have double roms of all games
FIrst rom have about 4kB and I can't open it, 2nd rom have normal size and I can open it (picture below)
But it is little frustrating because the list of games is really long.
Anyone have the same problem?

ezflash.jpg

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi
First - sorry for my english;)
And 2nd
In my ez-flash IV with 2.03 kernel I have double roms of all games
FIrst rom have about 4kB and I can't open it, 2nd rom have normal size and I can open it (picture below)
But it is little frustrating because the list of games is really long.
Anyone have the same problem?

View attachment 106656
Are you using a Mac?

gorzki85

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, then that's the issue :)

Mac OS's finder creates Metadata files with underscores. I know there is some way to stop that but I don't know because I am not using Mac OS. You're going to need to search for that.

Thanks for help:)

Now I use BlueHarvest app and no any more problems with metadata on Mac OS
Maybe it is good advice for other Mac users;)

D

Deleted User

"Same" problem is in Windows too: Windows likes to create hidden System Volume Information, which will also show in when using EzFlash.

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
hope somebody can help me
I have the EZ flash IV white version, the mini sd one.
I tried all the updates from the official website, and all I got is a blue "EZPDA" screen, and then, a lot of black lines starts to fill the screen.(look at the picture)
the mini sd is FAT16. I tried also to format it to fat32 AFTER the update.
However, when I use a 1,71 firmaware (or below) I can use the cart with no issues.

Does the white cart support the latest firmwares? If yes, What I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 239

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
hope somebody can help me
I have the EZ flash IV white version, the mini sd one.
I tried all the updates from the official website, and all I got is a blue "EZPDA" screen, and then, a lot of black lines starts to fill the screen.(look at the picture)
the mini sd is FAT16. I tried also to format it to fat32 AFTER the update.
However, when I use a 1,71 firmaware (or below) I can use the cart with no issues.

Does the white cart support the latest firmwares? If yes, What I'm doing wrong?
Yes, the white card supports the latest firmware version, however compatibility has changed with the introduction of SDHC compatibility on kernel 1.75. Try an SDHC variant card for ROM loading.

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the white card supports the latest firmware version, however compatibility has changed with the introduction of SDHC compatibility on kernel 1.75. Try an SDHC variant card for ROM loading.
Hello!
Thanks, but I don't have the chance to try any rom, because all i get after the update is that screen, I cant try any game.
The last firmware I got to work is 1.71 :(

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, I'm using 2.03 on a miniSD version of the cart. Even got a 32GB microSD (w/ adapter) in to basically fit the complete official library. I was meaning to ask if there was a way to get a NES emulator working on this, so I could maybe play Rockman4 Minus Infinity on the cart.:hrth:

@kralde Are you using an actual miniSD, or a microSD with a miniSD adapter? the miniSD adapters are going to be tough to find now, but sounds like you might need to try a different SD to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning