Hacking Ez Flash IV - Nor memory Problem,Weird Noises

dianaka101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello I've bought a ez-flash IV black sdhc version. Normal games plays fine but when I move something to the nor, my gba makes weird noises and when it finishes writing, there is nothing to boot. The noises are also coming out at the progression screen.

Last edited by dianaka101,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The noises during writing are a known thing, we speculated it might be some kind of interference and nothing to be worried about.

Anyway what did you try to write?
Some hacked games (usually pokemon) seem to cause trouble. We traced it to a change in the header that the hackers made for reasons unknown.
If you can try a normal game then that would be good. You can fix it too if you want https://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=17720 and I did turn it into an IPS patch a bit later in that that thread if you are not wanting to use a hex editor yourself.

Alternatively did you change the skin on your EZ4? If you went back to an older version it might be from before the changed the NOR and thus it will not know what it is doing. If you update back to the current version and it starts working again then that.

Reactions: dianaka101

dianaka101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello. I've tried moving regular games to the nor is well. The ones I tried Mother3-Kingdom Hearts-Pokemon Mystery and for the regular gmaes I've tried advance war 1-2. Pokemon firered. None of them worked so far I've tried installing 2.03 again after trying all the kernels. But still it does nothing it just stops at 254-255 mb and returns to the menu.

dianaka101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Are you using a regular GBA? And are you using rechargeable batteries? If so, try using good alkaline batteries instead.

Its regular gba not sp. Nope, I am using double alkaline batteries but they were pretty cheap. They were screwing my wiimote is well, Should I just buy another brand?

Last edited by dianaka101,

dianaka101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Are you using a regular GBA? And are you using rechargeable batteries? If so, try using good alkaline batteries instead.

It was batteries , I've changed the batteries as suggested, it works now. Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1