Hacking fail0verflow releases coldboot exploit proof of concept

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No he said probably till 4.0 because the bug still seems to be there but certainly till 3.02 but lower is Always better he said
I saw a thread saying 4.1.0 as being the cut off, but limited to only homebrew, which, TBH is what I care about the most right now. Already disconnected WiFi.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they not say that BootROM only works on earlier firmware between 1.0.0 to 3.0.0? Pretty sure anyone above that would be SOL. That said, consoles with golden firmware are getting more and more expensive, unless I missed something. Nevertheless, Team Fail0verflow hasn't released jack shit for Nintendo consoles last gen, and won't this gen.

It's either this, hardmod, or whatever, not very many choices, are there?

Am I wrong? I don't see BootROM being feasible on 4.x.x.
The BootROM is the same for every console that shares the chip. Think about the 3DS. They were only able to exploit the BootROM on a factory device, but once they did they were eventually able to make ntrboot, which works regardless of the firmware.

This is the NV Exploit, which exploits the nvidia hardware, or Tegra chip. If you read hek's write-up the other day on Switch exploits, this will remain private until it is either patched or released if unpatchable.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I saw a thread saying 4.1.0 as being the cut off, but limited to only homebrew, which, TBH is what I care about the most right now. Already disconnected WiFi.
userland yeah but SciresM has a private kexploit that he will release when he has a proper cfw/emunand solution wich he is working on. Atleast that's what i got from his latest post

Last edited by kumikochan,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in it doesn't work on 4.1.0 but works on all prior? Because if you mean to say it works on all firmware up and including 4.1.0 but not newer, I'd laugh since 4.1.0 is the latest firmware.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in it doesn't work on 4.1.0 but works on all prior? Because if you mean to say it works on all firmware up and including 4.1.0 but not newer, I'd laugh since 4.1.0 is the latest firmware.

That's what I meant, it works on all firmware to date. As for the BootROM exploit, are you saying that it works on all firmware as well? Or is it locked to earlier firmware? Well someone has to release something sooner or later. I think it'd be ironic if someone squealed to Nintendo about the exploit as subterfuge just to get them to release the exploit. Who knows if/when they'll patch it.

Darkitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: SrTommy

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i wonder if there could be a usb c exploit where you plug your computer into the switch.
According to what I've seen in the old SDK leak we had the devkit USB Serial drivers, so if it is software implemented we'd just need to enable it and flash a firmware using it.
The problem is that it's likely signed.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep forgetting that gamers have big pockets to get more than one of the same console.
That's rich coming from a guy that blows 300 bucks for homebrew/emulation. Your jealousy because others are financially better off than you aside, there's no excuse for being above 3.0.0.

The only people that are on the latest firmware either didn't properly look for a console with low enough fw (I can go to the store right now, grab 10 and all will be 3.0.0 or lower) or voluntarily updated which means they don't get to bitch about it either way.

It's ironic that you whine about the manchildren that are part of the hacking scene for attention, yet I could bet my first born that we will see you still throw a fit for the next five Nintendo consoles generations because you will be on a non-expoitable firmware at the time things kick off and need to remind everyone about it getting your daily fix of attention.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of this crap about "FOF won't release because it will lead to piracy". Couldn't they include some security measure to make others incapable of using specific types of homebrew? (homebrew for piracy etc.)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
All of this crap about "FOF won't release because it will lead to piracy". Couldn't they include some security measure to make others incapable of using specific types of homebrew? (homebrew for piracy etc.)
They won't release because that's what they do.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GeoHot did that with PS3, other devs took what he released and made it enable piracy within hours.

I'm not going to go into the whole Geohot stole work from FOF or whatever that scene drama was.

But, don't count on FOF to release anything.

Reactions: Ronhero

asialsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*FoF teases something they probably won't release*
Community: "Oh quit showing off..."
Me: "Now to wait for someone else to figure it out..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum