Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO Kinzurdia is 309 pages 27 chapters I own it now, Gotten 5 star
Sorry I read this post first
Hello , My fav. book is KINZURDIA a new series, I read the preview on amazon and pre-ordered it .

I am so hyped for this e-book !
And I didn't realize it was a couple months old.

Your favorite book used to be a preview, but now it is a full fledged book. Point still stands that at some point your favorite book was a preview.

Sorry if I offended you.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a huge fondness for sci-fi / fantasy and humour as you can see from my handle. I would have to go with anything by Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett. HHGTTG to name just one and Dirk Gently another. Guards Guards, Fifth Elephant and Mort are my favourite discworld novels although anything with the Nac Mac Feegles is awesome. For hard core sci-fi I would go with Dune.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say, but I do know that when I finished reading Clive Barker's Thief of Always, that I started again at page one, which was a first with any book for me. On the other hand, I have read a lot of great books, mostly those by Neil Postman of the non-fiction variety.

Dyne115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut Jr ---- Kept me alive in Highschool. I still listen to the audiobook for this to this day on Youtube.
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger ---- To this day, I am 28, and I still listen to the audiobook by Michael Rowley on Youtube... A classic...
Breakfast of Champions or Goodbye Blue Monday ---- Kurt Vonnegut Jr
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck ---- A tragic classic...
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig ---- Late 70s style philosophy versus technology and other values.
Catch-22 ---- Joseph Heller ---- Kept me alive in Highschool. One of the finest books on this damned world of ours.
SULA - Toni Morrison ---- One of the most difficult novels to write essays on and one of the finest works on how hatred unites all.
Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut Jr ---- Classic wartime novel. Valuable for anyone that wants the serenity to accept the things we cannot change.

These are only but a few favorites I've read, perhaps this may encourage others to indulge as well in some literature that genuinely has shaped me to become a better man and retained me into sticking around.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
All time fave The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, but im also something of a John Grisham fanatic. So anything by him, I guess....

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished re-reading the full Dark Tower series, and enjoyed it much more than I did the first time I finished it. Always loved the first four books, but the last three seemed like something of a cop-out when I was younger. Maybe I had to grow in order to appreciate them fully.
Other favorites
The Sword of Truth, books 1-4. After that they get tedious.
Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling: Lesser known but excellent fantasy novels.
Xanth series by Piers Anthony: My favorites when I was young
Contact by Carl Sagan
1984 by George Orwell, and in a similar vein, though written more for younger readers; Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (read them in that order as the latter heavily references the former)

There are more, but that's good enough for now.

Reactions: VinsCool

fixagel

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The book that alway's come to my mind even if I don't recall it correctly nowday is alway gona be:

The Dunwitch Horror - H.P. Lovecraft

unlitmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, 100% :)

Though that might die off out of sheer irritation waiting for the final book in the trilogy. We'll see if impatience and irritation can make love of a book revert :P.

Reactions: DragorianSword

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have been reading the Altered Carbon Trilogy by Richard Morgan. It's a hard book to read and follow but the ideas are far out there and very interesting to say the least. Netflix is also filming a TV series based on the book at my hometown so yeah I cant wait to watch the adaption too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.