Final Fantasy Type-0 English Translation Ultima Guide!

6i67VdD.png

First Of all I would like to thank SkyBladeCloud and his co-workers for their amazing work!

The Guide will have 2 Sectors:

1. One is for people who actually own the UMD
  2. Two is for people who got it from PSN or downloaded it.
What you need:
  1. A PSP (1000/2000/3000/Go) with firmware 6.XX Official or Custom Firmware!
  2. A Memory Stick with Space more than 2 GB (2.64GB Aprx.) or for GO users just 3 GB space
  3. Time
I recommend people to refrain from using other Custom Firmware than PRO it is the best firmware around and it has the best compatibility with the game!

Let's start!​

1-UMD
  • So for people who actually own the UMD version of Type-0
  • Download 6.60 Pro C2 Custom Firmware (I can't provide a link for this one) and Install it!
  • Then transfer it to your PSP to this direction PSP/GAME/
  • If you own a PSP Go or PSP 3000 model I recommend to use 6.20 Version it is the same! Because it has a permanent patch I am using this one myself and the game works perfectly!
  • You will have to download the latest Iso_tool which is actually Version 1.981 I think
  • Choose UMD_Drive and then ISO Convert
  • It will take some time to convert it but don't worry!
  • You don't have to rip both of the UMDs Disc 1 is enough!
  • Also make sure you have enough space at least 3-4GB Left on your Memory Stick!
  • After the ISO Convertion is completed connect your PSP to your computer
  • You will have an folder named ISO click it and check if you have an ISO file in there!
  • If you do awesome you can proceed and download the Patcher from Sky's Site http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-psp-english-translation/
  • After you download the Program extract it! and run it as an admin just to be safe!
  • After you created your translated ISO replace the old one with the new translated ISO! on your memory stick always!
  • Press Select and then change the UMD ISO Mode to Inferno and boot the game!
  • If you have any problems post them here I am sure someone will help you!
2-ISO Version!

• For the People who download the game the process is simple
  • Download 6.60 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware!
  • Or in case you own a PSP Go or a 3000 model I recommend using 6.20 Version!
  • Download Type-0 Disc 1 ISO
  • (Download Sky's Type 0 ISO Merge program) I think the translation Patcher works with just the Disc 1 ISO
  • and then download Sky's English Patcher from here!
  • http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-psp-english-translation/
  • After the download is completed,extract the program and run it as an admin just to make sure the program is running fine!
  • Then transfer your new ISO file to your Memory stick (ISO Folder)
  • Set your UMD ISO Mode to Inferno and run the game!!
2.1-PKG Version!
  • In case you downloaded the PKG version or your got it from PSN of the game you need to download this program
For People who are using PPSSPP Android/iPhone Emulator
If anyone has further questions or any kind of problems feel free to ask!!

Clanver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Germany
Btw. it works on Vita CFW as well. In Fact its working really well if you have the newest Cfw (6.60 TN-V8).

Maybe add this to your list of needed devices.

Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I just wanted to say Thank you for posting up the instructions for the various different devices. It seems like this is the only forum that really explains thing clearly.
I successfully install final fantasy type 0 onto my psp. The game loads up perfectly fine, but when it gets to the FMV cut scenes the audio and video would stutter.
I have a psp 1000, running on CFW Pro C2, disabled all plugins, and went as far as reformatting my memory stick. But I still got the same results. If anyone who is having the same problems or know how to fix this problem. Your advice would be greatlyappreciated. I've waited this long to play an english version of this game(which i think is awesome and a big middle finger to Square) I would like to experience it in it's fully glory. Thanks.

Steve Ames

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i remember that with the merged ISO cwcheat plugin was required to swap between discs when playing, is it still necessary?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
somehow, i cant watch any videos. i can skip the videos but i want watch theme. im running 6.20 tn-e. anyone can help me?

The game should work perfectly fine on PRO custom firmware due to the needed "inferno" driver not seen on other custom firmware. Upgrade to a PRO custom firmware and enable "inferno" as the UMD ISO Mode when running the game on your PSP. It worked perfectly fine on my PSP 2000 on CFW 6.60 ME 1.8 / PRO C (Fix 3).

i remember that with the merged ISO cwcheat plugin was required to swap between discs when playing, is it still necessary?

You can play the game just fine without the need for Cwcheats. I've just finished the game and now on my second playthrough. I only used Cwcheats to enable the unlockable costumes that require the referral codes which is not possible for me with the game.

How long does the patch take?

You can already actually download the game pre-patched with the English translation on torrent sites.

StyKrnaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this game work on CFW 6.20 Pro B9? I can't seem to open the game. When I try to start it up, it immediately freezes and shuts my PSP down. Can anybody help me? Not really good with this stuff. My PSP model is 3001 btw.

Soulfyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem, I'm running on 6.60 pro-b9. I put it in inferno mode but when I pick the game it goes To the playstation logo and then turns my psp off. Fiddled around with the settings and a no go. I don't have any plugins installed so don't know what else to do

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem, I'm running on 6.60 pro-b9. I put it in inferno mode but when I pick the game it goes To the playstation logo and then turns my psp off. Fiddled around with the settings and a no go. I don't have any plugins installed so don't know what else to do
pro-b9 is the problem update to B10 or above so the iso size is unlocked

OP_Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice that there are some mission translations at the end of the 1st mission/tutorial? Or rather before the start of the 2d mission. (One being at the ultima bomb fmv).

(ps, necro hate? or is it good i didn't create a whole new thread just to ask this question?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a... +1