Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be getting a PC release

Square Enix has announced that after the highly successful sales of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the PlayStation 4, they will be bringing the game to PC audiences this year. The PC version also boasts new features that were not in the PS4 release, such as the ability to add max Gil from the start, New Game + already unlocked, 60fps, and ultra-wide monitor support. Final Fantasy XII originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2006, and sold over 6 million copies. Square will also be holding a launch stream, with both the producer and the director of the game, and they will answer questions from fans.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will release on Steam on February 1, 2018. It will retail for $49.99, but those who buy it within the launch window will get a 20% discount.

:arrow: Source

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like Bortz said, called it. SE has made it a habit of adding every recent (and not-so-recent) FF to Steam, and after announcing FFXV on PC even when it's relatively new I knew they'd do the same for FFXII. It's the only reason why I didn't buy it on PS4. Now they just need to do a simultaneous release of FFVII:R for PC and console when it finally comes out in 2025.
Part 1 of the VII Remake will come out in between 2018-2020 as said in an investor meeting.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Exclusives have slowly been dying out naturally, which I'm okay with. Seems like Nintendo is going to be the last real holdout in that area.
Exclusive use to be huge back in the day for buying a system.
Compared with the SNES and Genesis they both were unique systems.

Even the same companies would release a different version of the same franchise.
Contra on SNES was different from Genesis.
Castlevania also different.

These were a generation were they had true exclusives and were very different from each other.
And the sound chip in each console gave both their unique sound.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is surprised, but there is excitement anyway. :P

My body is fucking READY.

2000 dollars if want to play games decently.
"Decently"? My 2012-assed computer with a Radeon HD 7870 and Phenom II 840 x4 plays games decently.

At $2000, that computer better have a GTX 1080 Ti and a 7900k cpu, with water cooling and silver coils.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: jDSX and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is surprised, but there is excitement anyway. :P

My body is fucking READY.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Decently"? My 2011-ass computer plays games decently.

At $2000, that computer better have a 1080 Ti and a 7900k cpu, with water cooling and silver studs.
Not sure why people think a "decent" gaming computer needs to cost so much..

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Don't forget persona 5...
thats on PS3 though

Most probably comes bundled with a free installation of Denuvo 4.7, doesn't it? :-D
seems like it, fucking square, i was about to consider preordering, but everytime they do something nice they fuck it up

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like it, fucking square, i was about to consider preordering, but everytime they do something nice they fuck it up
Pre-order, hope it gets cracked within a few days which seems to happen a lot lately, pirate it, and then play without Denuvo. You get the satisfaction of supporting the developer and the satisfaction of giving the middle finger to Denuvo.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
well, one more reason that home consols shouldn't exist and one more reason that everyone should get a pc
I'm sure there will be much less piracy on PC than on such broken consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One. And much more profit too, with all the people constantly waiting for Steam discounts to be at least 75% off before spending anything.

They made a decent profit on consoles and PC gamers can have the privilege to play without risking low sales due to piracy or Steam policies.

As for your main sentence on why home consoles shouldn't exist, I'd rather drive a Skoda Fabia than a Jaguar F-Pace. While the second one is much faster, I can still get my fun from the first one without having to deal with all the F-Pace crap.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Pre-order, hope it gets cracked within a few days which seems to happen a lot lately, pirate it, and then play without Denuvo. You get the satisfaction of supporting the developer and the satisfaction of giving the middle finger to Denuvo.
im already really wary of preorders since it seems more and more like you support whatever bullshit messure the company made to make more money if you do and i dont wanna support that

It's still a sony exclusive
by that messure killer instinct is "microsoft exclusive" even though its also on PC, windows PC's to be more accurate.

the point is, if you can play it on a different system, then its not really exclusive

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im already really wary of preorders since it seems more and more like you support whatever bullshit messure the company made to make more money if you do and i dont wanna support that
They're a video game company, not a charity. Of course they want to make money. But them using Denuvo doesn't take more money from you if you were already planning on preordering. It seems like your argument is that by adding Denuvo they're making more money because less people pirate the game which is bad, for some reason? Considering you've posted before about PS3 and 3DS CFW you probably have no problem with piracy, so maybe you're not anti-DRM, just anti-anti-piracy?

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

by that messure killer instinct is "microsoft exclusive" even though its also on PC, windows PC's to be more accurate.

the point is, if you can play it on a different system, then its not really exclusive

Which killer instinct are you talking about because you do realize there is the arcade, snes and n64 gold for KI

You can't play persona 5 on another console other than sony's ps3 and ps4 hence it's a console exclusive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since...