Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be getting a PC release

Square Enix has announced that after the highly successful sales of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the PlayStation 4, they will be bringing the game to PC audiences this year. The PC version also boasts new features that were not in the PS4 release, such as the ability to add max Gil from the start, New Game + already unlocked, 60fps, and ultra-wide monitor support. Final Fantasy XII originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2006, and sold over 6 million copies. Square will also be holding a launch stream, with both the producer and the director of the game, and they will answer questions from fans.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will release on Steam on February 1, 2018. It will retail for $49.99, but those who buy it within the launch window will get a 20% discount.

:arrow: Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here who called it called it.

It's not really a surprise but nice to see this happening. Those of you interested, I say go for it. I had a great time with it.

Reactions: Pedeadstrian

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here who called it called it.

It's not really a surprise but nice to see this happening. Those of you interested, I say go for it. I had a great time with it.
I'm really glad SE has been supporting the PC market so well. I'm not a big fan of FF, but I'm happy to see it get ports to PC.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really glad SE has been supporting the PC market so well. I'm not a big fan of FF, but I'm happy to see it get ports to PC.
I'm happy, too! FFXV Windows Edition particularly has me hyped. Also, in the past, they'd do a quick and shoddy port (*cough* FFXIII *cough*), but it seems they're now putting some efforts into optimization and embracing PC graphical features like Nvidia GameWorks or 21:9 Ultrawide support. Keep it comin'!

Reactions: Chary

Marco_Buns

Barely in Europe
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Haven't played the original one is years and I don't have a PS4. Seeing that it's getting ported to the PC is great.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, one more reason that home consols shouldn't exist and one more reason that everyone should get a pc

Right, because millions of people have the money to get a gaming PC, gotcha. I'll keep that in mind when people have stable jobs to where they can fork out thousands of dollars for rigs and games.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2000 dollars if want to play games decently.

Yeah, big whoop. Who are you to tell people what they should or shouldn't buy? Not everyone is rich and/or has 2000 dollars to spare, unless I missed the part where countries had a perfect economy. :rolleyes:

I happen to have consoles and a gaming PC, so yeah, case in point, no one cares.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, big whoop. Who are you to tell people what they should or shouldn't buy? Not everyone is rich and/or has 2000 dollars to spare, unless I missed the part where countries had a perfect economy. :rolleyes:

I happen to have consoles and a gaming PC, so yeah, case in point, no one cares.
nhaaaa, the truth is people can easily build a decent gaming pc worth 500$ with just Amd components, plus money u saves from games with greater prices and free of charge online service.

p.s. tested myself an 500 bucks pc can handle GTAV at medium confings, 1080p and 60fps, which is standard lastgen quality+ online free

p.s.2 looks u have a lot of complains, man u should study harder and work harder. anything is possible.

Last edited by leon315,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, because millions of people have the money to get a gaming PC, gotcha. I'll keep that in mind when people have stable jobs to where they can fork out thousands of dollars for rigs and games.

Not true at all, you could easily throw together a used budget rig for around $250 that will play anything currently available, when include free online services, full backwards compatibility, the price of pc game sale, and emulation, your potentially saving hundreds if not thousands in comparison to just one current gen console.

/on topic, Glad to hear this, I failed to complete the game twice during the ps2 era, and currently have the game sitting in my modded PS3 untouched, but this will probably end up being my go to version if I ever decided to have another go at it.

Reactions: jDSX

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nhaaaa, the truth is people can easily build a decent gaming pc worth 500$ with just Amd components, plus money u saves from games with greater prices and free of charge online service.

p.s. tested myself an 500 bucks pc can handle GTAV at medium confings, 1080p and 60fps, which is standard lastgen quality+ online free

Their money, their choice, nothing you can do about it.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you dont have money for a medium budget gaming pc you absolutely do not have the money for console gaming either with its online, accessories, more expensive games, worse/no sales, etc. i'm pretty sure it's mostly a personal choice before it being a monetary issue. or like in your case, a wrong, outdated assumption because the console experience is more expensive if you look at it past the purchase of hardware on day one. on top of that, 4 years down the line you're spending another $400 to get a completely new system. on a pc you sidegrade your GPU for $100 to maintain medium performance and you're done with it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of the last FF games missing from PC! Would recommend it, especially in a sale. Interesting to see that more and more console exclusives are coming to PC, which was not the norm a few years ago

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Bortz said, called it. SE has made it a habit of adding every recent (and not-so-recent) FF to Steam, and after announcing FFXV on PC even when it's relatively new I knew they'd do the same for FFXII. It's the only reason why I didn't buy it on PS4. Now they just need to do a simultaneous release of FFVII:R for PC and console when it finally comes out in 2025.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
if you dont have money for a medium budget gaming pc you absolutely do not have the money for console gaming either with its online, accessories, more expensive games, worse/no sales, etc. i'm pretty sure it's mostly a personal choice before it being a monetary issue. or like in your case, a wrong, outdated assumption because the console experience is more expensive if you look at it past the purchase of hardware on day one. on top of that, 4 years down the line you're spending another $400 to get a completely new system. on a pc you sidegrade your GPU for $100 to maintain medium performance and you're done with it.
No sales? Wut?
PS store usually has good discounts

Anyways, good for people with good PCs

Last edited by AutumnWolf,
Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1