Hacking Four new people paid off by Nintendo in the HackerOne program

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo paid off even more people in the HackerOne program. One of them, named "endergamer" disappeared. Old thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-just-paid-off-3-people-for-the-hackerone-program.467316/
upload_2017-7-25_19-42-11.png
The new people are highlighted.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
D

Deleted-401606

Their program is really stupid. All they are doing is encouraging more people to try to hack it so that they can earn money.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Of course I would. If that was an option for me.
I got bills to pay so... yeah. Money is a good insentive. I probably would hold on to some exploits privately as well.
Well, many people wouldn't, but I respect your point of view.

D

Deleted-401606

And THAT's the whole point...

The people that are trying to hack it now are doing it just for the money. They wouldn't even have tried to hack it if there was no money involved. The people that hack the switch for the "homebrew" are going to release the exploit regardless of how much nintendo pays them.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
endergamer probably disappeared because they sold an exploit that wasn't theirs, and then the real discoverer revealed it afterward.
He didn't disappear, he's still well around here, not ashamed tho.

And THAT's the stupid thing.
Its not, they're defending their own property.
Google also paid a couple of hackers to find exploits within their services, same goes with Facebook.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trustzone code and kernal are useless now! :creep:
Nope. As long as we don't update, we are 100% safe. Additionally, we don't even know what these people reported.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Google also paid a couple of hackers to find exploits within their services, same goes with Facebook.
Except that we wouldn't profit from hacking either, only black-hat hackers. If we could homebrew the Nintendo Switch, we could watch movies and make our own tools. And, for us, what Nintendo is doing IS stupid.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, let's kill those bastards because they're helping Nintendo and not us and we won't be able to pirate games sooner and Nintendo will earn more money!
/s
I don't get the point of those threads. Hackers don't have to publish anything. If they want, they can help Nintendo. If you're against it then do something, help the community, discover an exploit before them and publish it.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that pisses me off is seeing "ryanw" on the list, because if he's who I think he is, we all know he's just leaking other people's shit to get a quick buck
A penny for your thought?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, let's kill those bastards because they're helping Nintendo and not us and we won't be able to pirate games sooner and Nintendo will earn more money!
/s
I don't get the point of those threads. Hackers don't have to publish anything. If they want, they can help Nintendo. If you're against it then do something, help the community, discover an exploit before them and publish it.
Don't make a stereotype out of the community. From where did you get the idea that we would use homebrew to pirate only? I never had the intention, ever.

Reactions: geekqueen2010

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr