Hacking Four new people paid off by Nintendo in the HackerOne program

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure if it serves the cause I could, could you? I'm not shy funding creative things that serves the collective. Just think if just 50+ people donated 5 dollars. And we're already at an attractive sum as people struggle with economy. You know what a donation pile is, no need to be rude, you don't have to contribute.

But seeing people not even paying for haxchi for the Wii u is pretty lame, people should invest in their gaming.
I wasn't being rude, but if 50+ people donated $5, that's $250. Im pretty sure Nintendo is offering a lot more than $250. Even if not Nintendo, there's private third parties offering way more than $250 for exploit. As we all know, people are driven by money and will flock towards the biggest payout. The iOS scene turned that way and slowly, so is Android. For example, unlocking and getting S-OFF on HTC devices is no longer free as before with free tools such as MoonShine, firewater, etc. The devs resorted to turning their works into a paid service called SunShine and charge $25 a pop and that is tied to only 1 device. Get a replacement or buy a new device? Gotta pay again. Why has it turned this way? Because people start bounties and promise to pay certain amounts of money and there's usually 1 guy (usually OP) keeping track of said "donations" and some people keep changing their "donation" amount and throw off OP and the total amount is all wrong and some poor dev gets motivated to share their work in hopes of claiming this bounty. Little do they know, once they release, these "donations" are never made and very few do give and dev ends up earning $25 on average. The community can never be trusted to keep their word, so devs will happily turn to a more reputable benefactor. And yes, I don't contribute because same with me, no one contributes when I release my work and if they do, its just to sprinkle salt on injury, donate $0.05 and paypal takes their $0.30 + 5% leaving me with nothing.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't being rude, but if 50+ people donated $5, that's $250. Im pretty sure Nintendo is offering a lot more than $250. Even if not Nintendo, there's private third parties offering way more than $250 for exploit. As we all know, people are driven by money and will flock towards the biggest payout. The iOS scene turned that way and slowly, so is Android. For example, unlocking and getting S-OFF on HTC devices is no longer free as before with free tools such as MoonShine, firewater, etc. The devs resorted to turning their works into a paid service called SunShine and charge $25 a pop and that is tied to only 1 device. Get a replacement or buy a new device? Gotta pay again. Why has it turned this way? Because people start bounties and promise to pay certain amounts of money and there's usually 1 guy (usually OP) keeping track of said "donations" and some people keep changing their "donation" amount and throw off OP and the total amount is all wrong and some poor dev gets motivated to share their work in hopes of claiming this bounty. Little do they know, once they release, these "donations" are never made and very few do give and dev ends up earning $25 on average. The community can never be trusted to keep their word, so devs will happily turn to a more reputable benefactor. And yes, I don't contribute because same with me, no one contributes when I release my work and if they do, its just to sprinkle salt on injury, donate $0.05 and paypal takes their $0.30 + 5% leaving me with nothing.

Now that you said that, it reminds me of the hard mod for the 3ds or new 3ds and such, it helps tremendously to pay people to do it for you and maybe it should turn into a business, you pay that person a certain amount or 50 dollars to hack the device, it would help hackers do it more for people rather than companies and I would rather do something like that than a company getting that exploit and patching it out. I mean nothing actually comes free, these hackers hack devices and release there work free only for it to blow up in there face, we the people are ungrateful and maybe us paying for hacks is better.

Also hacking can be a very dangerous business cause the hacker can be sued, put in prison, all kinds of stuff can happen, so yes I think we should pay for these hacks.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To the people mad because it's making hacking the switch harder but also aren't in it for the piracy... Why not use the hundreds of similar devices out there to do the things you want that are readily available. tablets, smart phones, raspberry pi's, htpcs (and regular ones) laptops, Heck tvs can play movies/pictures/music off a usb and have netflix and internet browsing now a days. Wheat's so great about using the switch, a device that costs $400, to do anything but play the games when literally everything in your house and many other cheaper alternatives in store and online, already exist?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
To the people mad because it's making hacking the switch harder but also aren't in it for the piracy... Why not use the hundreds of similar devices out there to do the things you want that are readily available. tablets, smart phones, raspberry pi's, htpcs (and regular ones) laptops, Heck tvs can play movies/pictures/music off a usb and have netflix and internet browsing now a days. Wheat's so great about using the switch, a device that costs $400, to do anything but play the games when literally everything in your house and many other cheaper alternatives in store and online, already exist?
For me, it's the joycons that easily attach to the system for portability. I could get a shield and use my 8bitdo controller, but then I'm carrying two things and I'm having to place the tablet somewhere standing up while holding the controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You could probably run duals in this Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 AMD Ryzen 5000 ATX Motherboard...