Homebrew FreeShop DLC downloaded but not working.

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded a english patched .CIA of Yu-Gi-Oh! Saikyo Card Battle and went onto the freeshop to download DLC. I proceeded to download and then restart my 2DS. I went into the game and it did not give me any DLC content. Using a O2DS running on Luma3DS 9.0.0 and OFW 11.6, also have "enable game patching" on in the Luma3DS menu. Could anyone help me fix this? I'm not sure if i did something wrong or if it is the game.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You need to change the region of your out-of-region game in order for it to load DLCs.
I don't exactly remember how to do it right now, but there's an app you can download through TitleDB called Luma Locale Switcher RVN that helps changing the region of your games

Reactions: THYPLEX

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would probably be better just to download both the game and the dlc through freeshop.
Is it a english patched version? I'd honestly would perfer to play the story through.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to change the region of your out-of-region game in order for it to load DLCs.
I don't exactly remember how to do it right now, but there's an app you can download through TitleDB called Luma Locale Switcher RVN that helps changing the region of your games
It said region free when i downloaded and installed the .CIA

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a english patched version? I'd honestly would perfer to play the story through.

DLC is never region free even if the game is... You need to use Luma Locale changer to change the region of the game to JPN JP and then your DLC will load. Be warned if you visit the eshop it will be deleted since it's not available for your region.

To do that create a text file called "locale.txt" with the words "JPN JP" and place that text file in SD/luma/Titles/TitleID. Then your DLC should show up as long as it's installed correctly. It won't have any effect on the English patch either.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can apply the English patch via luma layerdfs patching, which is super easy. Of you can find the standalone patch, just extract it to sd://luma/titles/TITLEIDOFGAME/romfs

Reactions: THYPLEX

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can apply the English patch via luma layerdfs patching, which is super easy. Of you can find the standalone patch, just extract it to sd://luma/titles/TITLEIDOFGAME/romfs
How do i do that? The .CIA i downloaded was already patched to english.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i do that? The .CIA i downloaded was already patched to english.
All CIA english patched files are usually the cia of the game but patched to be in english by using somebody else's english patch. I know the patch files are out there, but it seems like i cannot find them atm. Sorry, i'll keep you posted if the raw translation files show up anywhere. Meanwhile, you can try extracting the cia file and finding the specific files that were replaced, but that's a ton of effort.

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CIA english patched files are usually the cia of the game but patched to be in english by using somebody else's english patch. I know the patch files are out there, but it seems like i cannot find them atm. Sorry, i'll keep you posted if the raw translation files show up anywhere. Meanwhile, you can try extracting the cia file and finding the specific files that were replaced, but that's a ton of effort.
Yeah. Honestly, all i would be getting is a few extra decks so I'm not too worried about it. I'm almost done with the game now anyways.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will mention right now that the dlc won't be in English, so it might not be worth it anyway. If you do want it however, your best bet might be to go to the iso site and search for the Japanese dlc cia. That could fix it. Lastly, piracy is an inevitably on this site. Though the means to piracy cannot be discussed, you cannot tell people to stop what they're doing. Next thing you know there will be waves of threads telling people to stop hacking the 3ds on the 3ds Homebrew forums. It's the way the world works.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here on Luma 9.0 and 11.6 using New 3DS XL. I went as far as installing the Japanese version from scratch and adding DLC on freeShop. Played on a brand new save file.

Used LumaLocaleSwitcher Nightly on both Yu-Gi-Oh entries (JAP region/language) and enable game patching. At least Daily Rewards work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw