Trophies
Website
mirandacosgrove.com
XP
Country
people complaining about the 100 friend limit jfc how many friends do you have

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like dude i don't even have one friend come on
Yeah that confused me too. Like how can you have that many friends, let alone ones that own a 3ds?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work. Some kind of QR creation and reading system to add friends would instantly make this superior to all of Nintendo's friend systems.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Another breakthrough in the scene!!" - The 3DS scene

"Not again Joel16!!" - Nintendo

"How does he do it?!" - Your mum

^These are just jokes btw.

xi6Pkw1.png

Features:

• Displays user-name (mii name).
  • Displays comment (message/status).
  • Displays online status.
  • Displays hide status.
  • Displays hide title status.
  • Displays friend code.
  • Displays favoruite game (Icon, title and platform).
  • Displays data and time, battery etc.
  • Screenshot - Press L + R.
Download:
https://github.com/joel16/FriendMii/releases
What's the point of this program? Is it a backup or something in case you get struck by Nintendo's banhammer?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was waiting for someone to figure this out haha. I was just playing around and was to curios to see how the community would react to another closed source homebrew. Well for one, you guys sure do seem careful as to what goes in to your 3DS after the whole unbanmii fiasco. But yeah, it's good that you're more careful about installing something regardless of who the developer is, but at the same time I'm not happy with it. Some developers (who are actually really good devs) tend to make their programs closed source like CEMU for example. Please don't view closed source as a bad thing just because one guy here messed around with it. That said, I always planned to release the source from the start, this was just something I was curious about.

Oh right, seems like I might be missing something then. Can you try changing your favourite game to some other game (just for testing) and report back if it still has the same issue? Also the latest release should display your name properly now.

Also, updated the release along with the source code.

Change-log:

• Fixed username and comment length
Download:
https://github.com/joel16/FriendMii/releases
CEMU is closed source because they are making an income from it. Are you planning to make an income from this?
Never mind just noticed you said you released the source. Thanks!

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
CEMU is closed source because they are making an income from it. Are you planning to make an income from this?
The other thing is CEMU has nowhere near as much progress as Dolphin, which is open source :P

(Also I'm pretty sure the dolphin developers are fucking insane given how much work they've done on it)

Reactions: Asia81

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people complaining about the 100 friend limit jfc how many friends do you have

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like dude i don't even have one friend come on

The only two people that mentioned that is me and @Majickhat55, both of us trade Pokemon for people. Every 28 days I end up maxing out the friends list and have to remove and add FCs constantly. I say 28 days because my consoles end up getting banned every 28 days, requiring another to go in its place, and the banned console's friends list is purged. But now that 28 days passed and all my consoles are unbanned, I run into the problem of one console shouldering this burden (because I can't risk more than one doing so at the same time).

So there you have it. That comment of yours was a bit snide to me, there's a practical reason for hitting the limit.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel this has a lot of potential, especially after Nintendo shuts down 3DS online services...

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only two people that mentioned that is me and @Majickhat55, both of us trade Pokemon for people. Every 28 days I end up maxing out the friends list and have to remove and add FCs constantly. I say 28 days because my consoles end up getting banned every 28 days, requiring another to go in its place, and the banned console's friends list is purged. But now that 28 days passed and all my consoles are unbanned, I run into the problem of one console shouldering this burden (because I can't risk more than one doing so at the same time).

So there you have it. That comment of yours was a bit snide to me, there's a practical reason for hitting the limit.
don't use cias when the 3ds wifi is on and also turn spotpass sharing off

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't use cias when the 3ds wifi is on and also turn spotpass sharing off

Talking to me like I don't know? Spotpass has been off for months, even before the banwave. Also, I need BootNTRSelector as that enables PKMN-NTR and thus my genning is put to work. If I wasn't genning, I'd be online very very rarely, so there's that. Also, if I get banned again, I'll try the homebrew way through Rosalina and stuff. Anyways, this isn't about ban prevention, once again, I'm most interested if this will break the 100 friend limit.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already have a friend list how does this help anything?

The point is to try and learn things that we could do using the friend service, things that Nintendo may not have allowed us to do.
People need to learn to read FFS.

From the fucking intro said:
Its current state is highly a work in progress, and mainly meant for my research purposes. The main focus of this app is to bring a replacement friends app, possibly with more features later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH