Game Pad, R480, or...?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To be serious, I am no longer really liking my Gemei A330 (original version). I mean, due to a screen-cleaning incident, not only is the screen a little warped, but the voltaic pile life got reduced. Even the "energy remaining" metre gets wonky! Also, there is the fact that, due to problems with the original Chinese company, BooBoo-sensee (Yes; I do believe that he is that proficient.) has a huge problem porting Dingux to this thing. Henceforth, I was thinking of getting a new console.

(I heard things about the Canoo, but the Canoo not only lack the high audio/video compatibility that the Gemei has, but there is no radio/voice recording function.)

For reasons that will become apparent later in this post, I shall also tell you why I am not satisfied with my GameBoy Micro. There were no cleaning issues, but the + Pad and the L Button are defective (but still functional). The voltaic pile life is surprisingly short. The screen is too small for me. (There is also the problem of the speaker not being up to par, but I like using headphones with my handhelds.)

I have been looking for a new system now. For all purposes, I want my new system to do quite a lot, that is, be a multi-emulator player (especially GB/GBC games), play audio/video (and have TV OUT), display text), record audio, and play radio. (I can use homebrew programmes for my GBA/DS/PSP; I just like the idea of having a system just for emulators. Also, I would like to keep the other three system uncomplicated.)

I have been taking interest in the Game Pad. I mean, the specifications specifications show details on par with the Gemei, but I suspect that the TV Out of this device would actually work better, even if only because this is not a Gemei. (The system comes with its own TV Out cables!) There is even a camera, which is a welcome addition, considering that I play with my DS a lot, which tends to leave me in the situation where I would have to finish my business and reset the system, then try to get the camera going. What I really like is the GBA slot, which would mean that the Game Pad can replace my Gemei AND my GBMicro! I am rather worried about multiplayer possibilities (which means that I shall not throw away my GBMicro either way), but I usually like playing single player. I am also not worried about the lack of shoulder buttons; I can use the mapped buttons, instead. I also use Wii for most of my SNES emulation.
With respect towards Dingux, the processor in the Game Pad is the Ingenic Jz4755, the same one that the DIngoo A380 has. I expect Dingux to be ported towards the A380 sooner than the Gemei, so putting DIngux in the Game Pad would be a great possibility.

Of course, the R480 caught my eyes. I mean, the device runs Dingux out of the box! Also, there is a bigger screen (for video/text reading), a microphone, and radio! (There is also the fact that the R480 also runs on the Ingenic Jz4755 processor.]

I ask you: which is better for me? Or again, can you suggest me one better suited towards my needs?
...please?

##########

UPDATE: I already got an Xperia Play. Thank you for commenting.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of the 'gamepad', but that thing looks pretty neat.

Have you heard of the Yinlips? I only found this since I have been doing research on another gaming android tablet nd this one might be something that fits your requirements. http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/yinlips-ydpg16-on-pre-order-at.html

It runs Android so the emulators are usually being updated, and it can run pretty much anything up to PSX/N64. I hear SNES is supposed to have pretty good results but games like Star Fox stutter a little bit due to the special chips. I am interested in the R480 and Game Pad though.. but they have never come up in my searches so I don't know anything about them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?