GameStop to sell Sony PlayStation figurine toyline

With the rampant success of Nintendo's amiibo toys, it appears that Sony is trying to slightly capitalize on the trend. Revealed via a GAME Espana video, it showcases six figurines from major Sony IPs, such as Crash Bandicoot, Bloodborne's Hunter, Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Parappa the Rapper, and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken 7. These figures will release on March 23, 2018 exclusively at GAME/Gamestop, will be manufactured by their subsidiary "ThinkGeek" and toymaker "Totaku", and will retail for $9.99 each. Unlike amiibo, however, these will not serve any function ingame, and are merely for collection purposes. A Kratos figure will also release later this year.

vNWyEaQ.png

:arrow: GameStop

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Parappa is in such an awkward spot. Sony tries to make out that they care about him but they never do anything meaningful with the poor guy.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't copy Nintendo on it's switch.... so we copy them on there... toyline(?) WTF is going though your head Sony :nayps3:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's next... the new cardboard ps4 case....

Reactions: gamecaptor

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't copy Nintendo on it's switch.... so we copy them on there... toyline(?) WTF is going though your head Sony :nayps3:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's next... the new cardboard ps4 case....

The PS5 will be a console-handheld hybrid made out of cardboard!

But seriously, I feel like the big ship sailed on toy figures (especially when they have no functionality), but there are enough Sony fan boys that maybe they will get some traction.

Reactions: Owenge

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
ThinkGeek is shit you would think they have some DBS stuff but all they sell is writing tablets and some other shit
A thinkgeek store opened in a mall near me. The store is absolute garbage with mostly star wars crap. All the stuff that is actually decent on their website is not carried in the store at all.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you havent seen what a true gamer's game room who loves collecting anything gaming related.
I've seen plenty of game rooms but considering the success of Amiibo and to a lesser degree, Skylanders, the PlayStation figures are a wasted opportunity. It's obvious that people are willing to buy "physical DLC", why not join in on the fun?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of game rooms but considering the success of Amiibo and to a lesser degree, Skylanders, the PlayStation figures are a wasted opportunity. It's obvious that people are willing to buy "physical DLC", why not join in on the fun?
yet people litter their games room with sonic teddies.

these are meaningless figures for people who like to collect gaming related things.

its same as pop vinyls then, wasted opportunity i guess, or its a figurine of something you like.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people actually complaining about Sony not tying DLC/in-game items to Amiibo-like figures? With the amount of times I've heard whining on this forum for Nintendo doing the exact same thing I'd think people would be overjoyed, but I guess people will always find something to complain about.
"I need to pay even more to unlock everything in this game? What a ripoff."
"I don't get any in-game items from this figure? What a ripoff."

jellybones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right? It's a bunch of BS and now people want more of it. It's like you can't just have nice little figures for the sake of having them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.