Gaming GBA SP Charger

cpjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oem charger for my gba sp had finally died on me. Just after some advice on what charger to replace it with, oem or aftermarket?
Aftermarket is going for $10 total which consist of an ic chip to prevent overcharging" (does the oem charger have this?) or I can snag an oem one for and extra $5.
Which is the better buy and item? Don't want to fork out money on something that does exactly the same thing no matter how small of a difference in price.
Cheers!

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of those USB Gba chargers. I think the circuitry in the Gba or battery itself, that prevents that. Maybe I'm wrong. The cable if have seems to work fine.

Reactions: cpjay

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Use any generic or original GBA SP charger. just make sure it charges of course.
also, preventing overcharging? ehhh, just no. Sometimes I forgot to unplug the AC adapter from hours, and my GBA SP still is alive. Even the battery isn't damaged, it works 100% still.
Or you can convert your GBA SP charger to one USB :P

Reactions: cpjay

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old oem ds charger that I use for my SP and original DS systems. It seems to give a better lasting charge vs any USB device I have used in the past. The USB hookup seems to charge it faster but the battery, for me anyway, seems to run out quicker.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Great, cheers guys, so it'll be fine using an aftermarket charger then?
i think you can also use the FAT DS charger.. they use the same plug.. so extremly likely you can also get one for DS that will be fine in the gba

cpjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think you can also use the FAT DS charger.. they use the same plug.. so extremly likely you can also get one for DS that will be fine in the gba
Used to have one but sold it ages ago with my old old ds ahah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -