Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you read the poll question, there was a special scale version 'sc' which was only for the 3ds I think, or something like that.
I'm pretty sure sc was working on my DSi the last time I checked. I think that the poll is trying to ask if the graphics are better if you are using sc while in 3D mode

Alejandro Velasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is a gba emulator for DS

This emulator is working and tested on r4i gold from www.r4ids.cn.

Install:

for wood user (v1.45 or newer) (If you use use an older Version you need to update as this won't work on an older Versions):

1. Download and unpack the latest Version (link) to the root of your SD
2. copy the gba homebrews and roms you want to play to your flashcard (the ending must be .agb, .bin or .mb (.gba dose not work at the moment (this does not work because wood disallows it. I can't fix that. Ask the creator of wood)))
3. finished you can now lunch your gba homebrew/roms like the DS homebrews/roms

default (Pokemon red)
sound on
scal off
Vskip 0
Vsync 159
newirq

Mario Advanced 2 - Mario World
sound off
scal off
Vskip 0
Vsync 159
newirq

Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone
sound on
scal off
Vskip 1
Vsync 159
forceHblanc

if you want to add some a tool will be released soon

==some homebrews/roms crush==
Try to hold the X button at the point they normaly crush it may work.

Load an other mode example oldirq/newirq/advirq/HblancDMA/forceHblanc.

Try to load patch.pat as patch and than load the game as usual (normally only works with advirq/HblancDMA/forceHblanc)

FAQ: http://wiki.gbatemp....i/Gbaemu4DS_FAQ (Warning everyone can edit this FAQ)

Compatibility List: http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

src: https://github.com/ichfly/gbaemu4DS

Beta 1:
reset
tests
may: code jumps in 16 MB range
Beta 2:
scale and seek options so you can finally get a screen with borders
easy cheats UI
some functions form M-GBA and TEMPGBA
more NIFI/Wifi stuff

gbatemp.net/threads/gbaemu4ds-gba-emulator-for-ds-i-dsi-entry.281715/page-84#post-4506808

Based on VisualBoyAdvance and tgba
I'm having troubles with the alpha2 fix2 on an R4infinity Dual Core, when I try to run any rom it just shows me the "Guru Meditation Error", which I think is a memory overflow error. I don't have that problem with versions as code_container_adv_irq.nds, but on those versions, the games are unstable and have no sound.

Thanks.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm having troubles with the alpha2 fix2 on an R4infinity Dual Core, when I try to run any rom it just shows me the "Guru Meditation Error", which I think is a memory overflow error. I don't have that problem with versions as code_container_adv_irq.nds, but on those versions, the games are unstable and have no sound.

Thanks.
I found that version breaks compatibility compared to older versions.
It's been so long I don't remember exactly, but I think alpha1 fix1 is what you want.

Avicenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this full software emulation of the GBA on the DS? Or is it somehow taking partial advantage of the native GBA backwards compatibility? I'm wondering how this works, as it seems really impressive for the DS to emulate the GBA.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Is this full software emulation of the GBA on the DS? Or is it somehow taking partial advantage of the native GBA backwards compatibility? I'm wondering how this works, as it seems really impressive for the DS to emulate the GBA.
Do you know gameyob? Well it's the same thing but with GBA loading.
It works for a lot of games (full speed) and some others not. (Check compatibility list)
Would be great if someone still working on this project...

Avicenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know gameyob? Well it's the same thing but with GBA loading.
It works for a lot of games (full speed) and some others not. (Check compatibility list)
Would be great if someone still working on this project...

I'm asking about how it works, not what it does. Gameyob is emulating GBC, which is very believable for the DS hardware to handle. This is handling GBA stuff, which is much more demanding on the DS hardware. That is unless this is somehow taking partial advantage of the GBA hardware despite running from a Slot-1 flash card.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I'm asking about how it works, not what it does. Gameyob is emulating GBC, which is very believable for the DS hardware to handle. This is handling GBA stuff, which is much more demanding on the DS hardware. That is unless this is somehow taking partial advantage of the GBA hardware despite running from a Slot-1 flash card.
No advantage.
Just an emulator that works 'flashcard-like'.
Or if you have the Dsi you have the possibility to run GBA games.
No advantage, no tips, nothing. Just a simple GBA emulator.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how's the speed of this emulator on non dstwo card? i mean if this one works with most roms at good playable sound and graphics then this would be the first! so i would watch it

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
how's the speed of this emulator on non dstwo card? i mean if this one works with most roms at good playable sound and graphics then this would be the first! so i would watch it
Try it yourself. I suggest you to no activate sounds because it's a bit glitchy and without it the emulation goes more fluid than with sound.
Check out the compatibility list first :)

I checked few years ago on a r4i-sdhc it worked preety well for me (the game I tested)

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try it yourself. I suggest you to no activate sounds because it's a bit glitchy and without it the emulation goes more fluid than with sound.
Check out the compatibility list first :)

I checked few years ago on a r4i-sdhc it worked preety well for me (the game I tested)
i can't i just check updates and new versions, i got nothing from nintendo anymore. whoops forgot i got a gamecube casing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson