Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm confused on how to compile this, haven't compiled anything from github before, I installed devkitpro and whenever I clicked on "runbash.bat" I get an error saying "Windows cann't find 'C:\WINDOWS\Sysnative\bash.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.". When I used an already compile file from the gbatemp wiki I get a red screen saying "loadn to library" on the bottom screen, could it be the bios file I'm using? Thanks for taking the time to read in advance
You should not run that bat file. Just run make

KyleWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I supposed to run it with

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does other homebrew work? Maybe you need a different Firmware/kernel?
I have other homebrew working like snemulds, gameyob, lameboy. Only one having issues is gbarunner2. The kernal that I use is v1.84b from the r4i sdhc site

Reactions: CatmanFan

KyleWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoutout to Dodain47 for the help, I have this figured out now

So I've compiled it correctly but I'm still getting a red screen, the directories to gbarunner is E:\Homebrew and my gba games with my bios.bin is E:\GBA, md5 of the bios.bin is A860E8C0B6D573D191E4EC7DB1B1E4F6

D

Deleted User

Shoutout to Dodain47 for the help, I have this figured out now

So I've compiled it correctly but I'm still getting a red screen, the directories to gbarunner is E:\Homebrew and my gba games with my bios.bin is E:\GBA, md5 of the bios.bin is A860E8C0B6D573D191E4EC7DB1B1E4F6
You could try a different firmware for your card. I have this one for my card as well. The r4i sdhc should be supported.
Make a back up of your previous kernel/firmware just incase. Then delete the old kernel/firmware, copy and paste the new one and see if gbarunner2 does work.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Mario Kart Super Circuit and Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World are games that should work. Test them with an emulator first, to see if they have a romintro attached. Those Intro are not supported yet. You can remove them with a tool called gbata.

D

Deleted User

They did, I removed the intro for Mario Kart but it still black screened
Okay. Check if your sd card is fat32 formatted and try the build i attached below. Thats an ARM7 build.

Attachments

• GBARunner2.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 321

c4z4dor2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay. Check if your sd card is fat32 formatted and try the build i attached below. Thats an ARM7 build.
hi,these version of the gbarunner2.nds file,have the save function :o???
i wait for this feature...the .sav files works with the previous versions,but the in game save never work to the date :(
i hope this project never die
(sorry,my english is so worts :D )

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey it's working now, what's the difference between that arm 7 build and the arm 9 build?
The difference is the processor I run the dldi (sd access code specific to your flashcard) on. Since the gba game runs on arm9 the environment is a bit weird and it seems to clash with some cards. The solution is to run it on arm7 then. In the past there was a speed difference too, but I'm not sure if that's still a thing. I cannot really measure it properly.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi,these version of the gbarunner2.nds file,have the save function :o???
i wait for this feature...the .sav files works with the previous versions,but the in game save never work to the date :(
i hope this project never die
(sorry,my english is so worts :D )
No, saving doesn't work. You'll just have to keep waiting.

D

Deleted User

Thanks for pointing that out @Gericom. @KyleWest seems your Flashcard works with ARM7 builds then. There were reports that some cards don´t work with ARM9 builds.

KyleWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a shame, I appreciate all the help and patience @Dodain47.

@Gericom Do you plan on converting this to dsiware for dsi cfw once it becomes more mainstream?

Update: I looked through the previous post on here and found an arm9 build that's working on my dsi from this post here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-32#post-7452865
it says it's arm 9, but the size of the file is smaller than the previous arm9 build I was trying to use and is equal to all the arm7 builds I've found, is this really an arm9 build?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom Do you plan on converting this to dsiware for dsi cfw once it becomes more mainstream?
Maybe. I would first have to get stuff properly working with the latest version of devkitpro.
Update: I looked through the previous post on here and found an arm9 build that's working on my dsi from this post here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-32#post-7452865
it says it's arm 9, but the size of the file is smaller than the previous arm9 build I was trying to use and is equal to all the arm7 builds I've found, is this really an arm9 build?
Seeing as the 2 zip files are different in size, it must most likely be an arm9 and arm7 build. Could you see if the arm7 version doesn't work for you? Maybe they are swapped out or so?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended