Homebrew GBARunner2

Arlis05

Wandering Crystal Chronicler
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with the death of my 3DS (charger port not working anymore and battery depleted) this is by far the best thing for me to find all week.

EDIT: So i've already hit some snafus with this. i tried Commit 78945c3 and it gave me a red screen with the word "LAST" on the bottom screen. Then i tried the unspecified commit, it gave me another red screen on startup but this time it changed to "BINFN IO Library"

Last edited by Arlis05,
D

Deleted User

with the death of my 3DS (charger port not working anymore and battery depleted) this is by far the best thing for me to find all week.

EDIT: So i've already hit some snafus with this. i tried Commit 78945c3 and it gave me a red screen with the word "LAST" on the bottom screen. Then i tried the unspecified commit, it gave me another red screen on startup but this time it changed to "BINFN IO Library"
Make sure your card is fat32 formatted. You could also try the ARM 7 build.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don´t know. Maybe @Gericom can tell you?
The simple answer is basically that the fat implementation is completely custom because of the special environment gbarunner2 has. For simplicity I only implemented fat32, since most people can just use that anyway. I'm not sure why your card wouldn't accept that since even my original r4 (which also doesn't support sdhc and is thus 2gb max) reads it just fine.

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The simple answer is basically that the fat implementation is completely custom because of the special environment gbarunner2 has. For simplicity I only implemented fat32, since most people can just use that anyway. I'm not sure why your card wouldn't accept that since even my original r4 (which also doesn't support sdhc and is thus 2gb max) reads it just fine.
without 32K cluster size (which is unavailable in FAT32 with just 2GB MicroSD), big games can't load correctly.

Last edited by roytam1,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
without 32K cluster size (which is unavailable in FAT32 with just 2GB MicroSD), big games can't load correctly.

There is a ton of work behind a sd driver that works across FAT/FAT32/ExFAT right out of the box. Usually the toolchain devs take care of this, but when you go lower level (use direct sd calls in dldi) you get faster results. For I, in ToolchainGenericDS, decided to add everything so it´s very compatible with any sd card. But that work lies deep within the toolchain and the code.

Besides never mind testing when rewriting any driver, you will waste a lot of time debugging... if you can even debug in such environment as the DS.

So TLDR: use what is available I guess

Last edited by Coto,

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Tried GBARunner2 in TWLoader(no game cartridge inserted, trying with 3DS SD card in FAT32 format only), it doesn't work for me. It shows white screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended