OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp Exclusive: WiiScrubber
Remove garbage files to reduce ISO size
dvd-r-wii.png

Member Dack of GBAtemp.net has released a very useful tool. WiiScrubber v1.0 allows you to 'scrub' away the garbage data of Wii ISOs and in most cases drastically reduces the size of the ISO. However this is not just for smaller storage, the ISOs still work on the Wii AFTER being compressed. Download below!

Note: As far as we know there is nothing else like this online. Please help support the author and our great forum by hitting the DIGG!

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Digg this!

[-UPDATE-]
Version 1.0a Released. Grab it
download.gif
here.

[title:A simple explanation of why this is useful]
scrubber_flowchart.png

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really nice, all we need now is a multi game dvd maker thing for people that dont want to use 1 dvd per game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was running around in the discussion thread but I might as well post here too.
Nice work Dack, hope this becomes standard.

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really see a practical use for this besides storage on a computer/other storage medium. In terms of burned games it's not like you can play multigame disks (or can you??), and like Snick mentioned it's not useful for shrinking dual layer disks, afterall why would they pay to use dual layer disks of all the data fits on a single layer.

hanndn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
excite truck is 836MB but when i create a new compressed iso wiiscrubber make a 4,37GB iso, the same of the original

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone try this with Dairantou Smash Bros X?

I doubt there would be little if any garbage data, but it would be nice to shrink it down to a standard dvd.

Why do you think that they put it on a double layer dvd? Probably because it didn't fit on a single layer disc, right...
Not quite sure on that part. I remember God of War for PS2 could go for single layer. Was just a bunch of dummy data or something.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great job Dack
smile.gif

Now, which scene group will use it first ?
wink.gif

For those how didn't understood yet, this tool is not used to shrink the Iso size so the data to burn is smaller.
It's a tool to replace garbaged and crypted data unused on the Iso file. The resulting ISO is the SAME SIZE as the original, it's just the data which differs, allowing the RARs to better compress the file to be released by the scene/store them on your computer with less size.

chadtheyakuza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I first read the headline and saw the pic I thought it was a disc cleaner you guys were going to sell lol. But cool reducing the size of images sounds great. Scrub that garbage clean!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water