GBAtemp Exclusive: WiiScrubber

Hsound

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here in Belgium we all have Broadband, but the download size is limited (depending on the provider)... max 10 Gb of dwnld/month, for more I have to pay 5 euros for 5 Gb... This soft is really intersting, hope it will be use, that will save me a lot of money
smile.gif

+ the Internet Provider also block all attachements in the NewsGroups (binaries), we also have to pay for an open NewsGroup server...

Get it ?

- how about we just download the proper iso without having to go through all that rubbish you have just typed? it's really unnecessary, most people have broadband these days so a 4gb iso takes about 1 hour to download on usenet, it ain't that hard.

also the Wii can only read dvd's anyway so making the iso smaller will do nothing as it still has to be burned to a dvd.
[/quote]

covert

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this re-sign the ISO with the same key or does it use the one used by Trucha Signer. If it uses the one from Trucha Signer then the ISO's can be blocked with a future update of the Wii firmware.

QUOTE said:
Fixing the bug would stop the signature Trucha Signer uses from working.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@covert
no wiiscrubber does not sign discs only trucha does. both programs modify the game disc but differently

wiiscrubber removes the junk data to be able to be able to greatly compress isos . this helps users with bandwidth limits and save space if they want to be saved on their hard drive. game data has not been modified and it does not sign the disc

see 1st post of this thread for more about wiiscrubber
GBAtemp Exclusive: WiiScrubber, Remove garbage files to reduce ISO size
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76101

problem is nintendo could release an update looking for specific junk data. dack has been on dev for wiiscrubber 1.1 to unscrub the iso. he posted on page 12 but i missed it entirely for a month lol

dack's post, page 12 #180
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=761...t&p=1007238

Wiiscrubber 1.1
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81217&hl=

for trucha
QUOTE said:
Basically, in theory you could put anything you wanted into a Wii iso (or take out, eg: Wii updates) and by using this tool to re-sign it the Wii will not reject the altered disk.
see here for more about trucha

First Wii ISO Modifications, Using TruchaSigner

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76765

problem is nintendo can release an update that wont accept the signature from trucha. it is ios37 but still dormant

quocdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody knows if I can do a batch Scrubb for my whole collection? Just thinking about spending a whole day on Scrubbing every individual file image I just dumped makes me feel tired. Not to be ungrateful for what the author did. Great program Dack. You're the best. However, I am not going to go through it... yet

test_drive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi plp

i ma new here, and new to this,

ok i have downloaded the software, in teh instructions its states "You need:
You will need a copy of the ubiquitous "key.bin" in the same directory"

what is the aboveand where do i get it from? please help as its doing my head in...

thanks

Jackss

Trophies
XP
Country
A funny fact is that ....

Dont DOWNLOAD it people! It's virus ,
lecture.gif

unsure.gif
I downloaded it and the virus alarmed started and said it was virus so i deleted it.
Dont download it!
The Admin should RE UPLOAD and look if he has virus
hate2.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's called a FALSE ALARM. It means your antivirus software can't tell the difference between a virus and legitimate software.

Thousands of users have downloaded and used this software safely.

smile.gif

shahadithyab

Trophies
XP
Country
India
can anyone tell me where can i download latest GBAtemp.net. or anyone can give me the link i need to patch bleach versus crusade but the wii scrubbber i have do do it in my wii scrubber there are only two options first is load and second is save i need the wiiscrubber with replace nad extract option

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Um...it's in the downloads section on here (big arrow pointing upwards to the toolbar Icon needed).

It's in the tools and other utils section. Failing that it's on drop.io/wiiscrubber

acks45

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would hat eto double post incase someone has mentioned this before. but the download link at the first post of this page from gbatemp has a trojan in it or at least has a trojan threat with avg free.
anyone know where i can get this program without a trojan in it?

downloading from the maker doesnt alert my avg. maybe he changed his viral code or something, but it isnt and here it is. gbatemp admins should jump on this.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
acks45 said:
I would hat eto double post incase someone has mentioned this before. but the download link at the first post of this page from gbatemp has a trojan in it or at least has a trojan threat with avg free.
anyone know where i can get this program without a trojan in it?

downloading from the maker doesnt alert my avg. maybe he changed his viral code or something, but it isnt and here it is. gbatemp admins should jump on this.

As the maker of the app.

WHY TH F*CK WOULD I PUT A VIRUS/TROJAN IN IT WHEN THE SOURCE CODE IS AVAILABLE SO THAT YOU COLULD GET OFF YOUR OWN BACKSIDE AND COMPILE IT YOURSELF.

AND AS FOR 'HATING TO DOUBLE POST IN CASE SOMEONE HAS MENTIONED BEFORE" - YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING AT THE POST JUST 5 ABOVE YOU!

The reason for the detection is "possibly" the fact that the first version had to be released in debug instead of 'release' due to a problem in my code which accessed a pointer after clearing it.

Edit:
Here's the VirusTotal rport:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/98f3c2c...315a1f382742bf7

And the Kaspersky analysis:
http://www.viruslist.com/en/find?words=Tro...in32.Agent.aeoz
Notice that it doesn't actually say anything about it - just that "it's bad" and was flagged about 8 months after the release.

Oh and the NOD32 gives it as "probably a variant of Win32/Agent" - so thats definitive isn't it.

Interestingly - the ones who probably first tagged it as a virus, Prevx, no longer have it as one.
"Prevx1 V2 2009.02.27 -"

While their website still has it as Under review:
http://www.prevx.com/filenames/10357882765...UBBER2EEXE.html

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Slight addition, here's the email I just got back from Kaspersky:

QUOTE said:
[email protected] to me
show details 10:30 (1 hour ago) Reply

Hello,

ReadMeFirst.txt

No malicious code was found in this file.

WIIScrubber.exe_

We are sorry, it is false alarm. It will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

Please quote all when answering.
The answer is relevant to the latest bases from update sources.

Best regards, Sergey Prokudin
Virus analyst, Kaspersky Lab.

zeppy67

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
dvd-r-wii.png

Member Dack of GBAtemp.net has released a very useful tool. WiiScrubber v1.0 allows you to 'scrub' away the garbage data of Wii ISOs and in most cases drastically reduces the size of the ISO. However this is not just for smaller storage, the ISOs still work on the Wii AFTER being compressed. Download below!

Note: As far as we know there is nothing else like this online. Please help support the author and our great forum by hitting the DIGG!

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Digg this!

[-UPDATE-]
Version 1.0a Released. Grab it
download.gif
here.

[color=#000000background#000000][title:A simple explanation of why this is useful]
scrubber_flowchart.png
[/color]

my computer keeps picking up a virus in the "scrubber"
wink2.gif

is that normal or just me????
plz reply and help!
unsure.gif

extremejon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, this is a huge help. I don't have a DVD burner but my friend does, so I have to split the isos and carry them to his place on CDs. This defiantly makes me have to carry over a lot less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome