Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that was from a rather prominent uploader on a certain private site.

A TP torrent was just added to the site, 1.30GB.

Yeah. "Whattsup" he hasn't been an uploader there for long. The TP one was u/led anonymously.

edit: so no one has tried to play a wiiscrubbed version of super paper mario?

Raging Demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no real scene group will ever uses this; as reported, it may cause problems with certain titles; the only real legit release is a complete pure, untouched release. Anything else is trash for BT kiddies.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats really good news. Great work!!!

I've allready seen a few scrubbed games up on rapidshare
laugh.gif

for all the haters, australia only has like a 25gig a month limit. There might be a few deals that are a bit higer, but im pretty sure thats about it.

and when your downloading at 50kb/s, a few mega bites trimmed here and there helps alot
bow.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats really good news. Great work!!!

I've allready seen a few scrubbed games up on rapidshareÂ
laugh.gif

for all the haters, australia only has like a 25gig a month limit. There might be a few deals that are a bit higer, but im pretty sure thats about it.

and when your downloading at 50kb/s, a few mega bites trimmed here and there helps alotÂ
bow.gif

I have to agree with you there. I have a 18gb limit a month and only download at 200kb's. I have seen sites where they say that they are sorry that the speed is only 500kbs

DrGanja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First this is awesome work Dack... Just a thought though.... could compression for storage and transfer could be used the exact same way without changing the burned data if Dack would make something to rebuild the file after transfer? It would just add a step to the uncompressing process. Everything I've read makes this sound like the empty data is always a consistent bunch of repeated junk. So why not rebuild it so that we don't run the risk of altering all the raw data dumps if the bad guys can check for changes later on down the road? I'm probably ignorant about this "empty data" and for some reason this wouldn't work..... any thoughts?
Dr.g
ph34r.gif

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did first attempt to write down a wiki page, please help!

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...iScrubber_Sizes

I have created the table for it, feel free to add or edit it
the table template is at Template:WiiScrubber_Entry
here is just a re-link on the fancy scrubs list ;P and i must say there are a bunch of busy little bees scrubbing away, lol. soz that sleepy and tony were beat to the punch on the scrubs list

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...Game_Sizes_List

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there something that prevents the table from getting columns added to it? I've been trying for an hour now to add in extra columns, but I've had no luck.
To do this, you have to edit both the main table and the template.

On the main table:
!Game||Region||Scrubber Version||Scrubber Value||Contributor||NewColName

In the template (Template:Scrub):
|{{{1}}}||{{{2}}}||{{{3}}}||{{{4}}}||[http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name={{{5}}} {{{5}}}]||{{{6}}}

You can re-arrange the columns if needed, but please be careful in doing so.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
First this is awesome work Dack... Just a thought though.... could compression for storage and transfer could be used the exact same way without changing the burned data if Dack would make something to rebuild the file after transfer? It would just add a step to the uncompressing process. Everything I've read makes this sound like the empty data is always a consistent bunch of repeated junk. So why not rebuild it so that we don't run the risk of altering all the raw data dumps if the bad guys can check for changes later on down the road? I'm probably ignorant about this "empty data" and for some reason this wouldn't work..... any thoughts?
Dr.g
ph34r.gif

Its not consistent, its random data, with a checksum that knows if the random data is wrong i think. Thats why it doesn't compress very well in the first place, and you cant just add your own random data in to fill it.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
This thing is awesome!
The size is so amazingly small.
I downloaded Twilight princess (scrubbed) and it was just 1.26gb!
(It had a small side effect....it took about 2 minutes of loading on a black screen before i could actually start playing but everything else worked fine
biggrin.gif
!)
Wiiscrubber=Full of epic win

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Well I don't happy with this... I really wish & hope that the dumper Groups will NEVER use this, and just releases the UNTOUCHED DUMP ISO to the public!!

Oh yeah, because downloading 4 gigs of data for a 500 megabyte game makes SO MUCH SENSE.

I don't think you're at all familiar with the OCD-like behavior of release groups.

It's gotta be clean, it's gotta be proper, regardless of the cost.
Huh, then it's OK.

Anyways it's good to see how big really is the games.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be good if it worked for every game, which it doesn't. So be warned people. Don't just use this, burn the ISO and expect it to always work. Way for GBAtemp to do some false advertising.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you shouldnt expect so much from wiiscrubber anyway because its the first of its kind (in public). there's a wiki section for wiiscrubber and its being updated for scrubbed game compatibility (unfortunately its down right now =[ ). gbatemp just announced the breaking news but more info has to be searched if you're interested

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is awesome!
The size is so amazingly small.
I downloaded Twilight princess (scrubbed) and it was just 1.26gb!
(It had a small side effect....it took about 2 minutes of loading on a black screen before i could actually start playing but everything else worked fine
biggrin.gif
!)
Wiiscrubber=Full of epic win
Well you had to know that one would be small, it ran on a Gamecube!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
This would be good if it worked for every game, which it doesn't. So be warned people. Don't just use this, burn the ISO and expect it to always work. Way for GBAtemp to do some false advertising.

I'm intrigued - which games doesn't it work with?

As an aside I've pretty much got version 1.1 ready for release that allows you to 'Unscrub' if the data is available. Effectively it creates two files:
1. The 'scrubbed' version
2. The DIFference file between the scrubbed and unscrubbed versions

In the case of Super Paper you end up with two rar sets of 690Meg and 3.8Gig respectively.

An option on the app then allows for the original disc image to be recreated if necessary.

It could mean that if, for example, TMD wanted to do a scene release - they could release as a compressed scrubbed and a compressed diff set. Total size would be the same as a full release but all the disc data would be split into two files. People could then download all the data and recreate the full disc or just the scrubbed sub-part.

Don't know whether it is worth developing much more though as I've a much more cunning idea involving the key sign software, updating fst.bin, adding a blank file and resigning
wink.gif
It's then only a small step up to a multidisc creator. But then what happens when Nintendo kill the signing code......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1