GBAtemp Game of the Year 2017 Voting: Nintendo 3DS

IMG_6081.JPG

The vote for the best games of 2017 continues onward, this time, with the Nintendo 3DS. Though the Switch eclipsed the aging handheld this year, it was clear that Nintendo still had a packed library for the 3DS in 2017. Now it's time to answer the question of which one game reigns supreme, in the eyes of GBAtemp users!

:arrow: PS4 Winner: Persona 5
:arrow: PC Voting
:arrow: Next: Xbox One

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have NFC tags and an android phone, so it wasn't because I couldn't access the content, it was a decision based on principle. I had thought to buy the game and support 2D Metroids without bothering with the amiibo, but refusing to buy the amiibo alone while still buying the base game wouldn't have sent any sort of message. The act of sectioning off content for DLC (minus, of course, the obvious costs of manufacture and shipping which came in this specific instance of the DLC being part of an amiibo) doesn't have any overhead, so whether I bought a "full" game for $40 or whether I bought "most" of the game for $40 and forewent the amiibo, Nintendo would still get my $40 and would see no loss aside from, as mentioned, the costs of manufacturing and shipping the amiibo. Nintendo would hypothetically see an immediate loss from a lost amiibo sale for this case, but the only message that would have sent is that they shouldn't tie DLC to amiibo, and instead have it for sale digitally, which I can only imagine has literally zero overhead in terms of monetary costs and means they would not lose any money. The only way I'd send a message that I didn't appreciate this kind of practice was by not buying the game at all, which was unfortunate, as I also wanted to send the message that I want more 2D Metroid games.

So what I mean to say is that I'm sure it was all sorts of rad as a game, but to me, being even an incredibly minuscule part of making a statement on DLC models/practices was more important than experiencing a game I thought I'd really enjoy.

Ah, and also understand that I'm merely explaining my reasoning behind doing what I did and not trying to push morals or responsibility onto anyone else. I don't mean to be a crusader, only to elucidate.
i only said becuase of amiibo stuff becuase everyone here just said they didnt bought it becuase of the amiibo lol.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only played fire emblem shadow of valentia. however good that game is, I cannot say it's a GOTY game. it's good and a reminder of the classic FE games, with a typical FE story but with a very good package. still... I like it better than the awful FE awakening.

but at the same time, we probably will never have another classic FE game... :(

Last edited by eriol33,
Trophies
XP
I only played fire emblem shadow of valentia. however good that game is, I cannot say it's a GOTY game. it's good and a reminder of the classic FE games, with a typical FE story but with a very good package. still... I like it better than the awful FE awakening.

but at the same time, we probably will never have another classic FE game... :(
You hated fire emblem awakening? By almost all accounts it was a breath of fresh air for a series that was struggling to sell.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You hated fire emblem awakening? By almost all accounts it was a breath of fresh air for a series that was struggling to sell.
yeah I don't really like it. it feels like a bastardized version of FE. I understand that it helps to revive the franchise, but at the same time it makes it like another weaboo game. I just hope FE classic and FE waifu simulator series can co-exist though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really speaks volumes to blind fanboyism that Pokemon Ultra Shit and Ultra Moron got so many votes while being a full priced 5% additional content DLC split into two games once again.
A DLC for a game that was already entirely mediocre compared to previous pokemon games thanks to the insanely boring, incredibly forced story. Amidst about a million other issues.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It really speaks volumes to blind fanboyism that Pokemon Ultra Shit and Ultra Moron got so many votes while being a full priced 5% additional content DLC split into two games once again.
A DLC for a game that was already entirely mediocre compared to previous pokemon games thanks to the insanely boring, incredibly forced story. Amidst about a million other issues.
Oh come on, be honest now. It only got 14% of the vote.
That actually surprised me given how nuts pokenoobs are around here.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh come on, be honest now. It only got 14% of the vote.
That actually surprised me given how nuts pokenoobs are around here.
Only because scraps are leeching from the total % pool.
It's damn near tied for second place if you cut all the lesser votes off.

Reactions: zoogie

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pick for 3DS (and GOTY to be honest) is Etrian Odyssey V. It's the first one (not to mention the first dungeon crawler period) that I haven't just dropped after 20 hours. While a lot of the classes and skills are retreads, everything that's new is pretty unique to the genre. They also did away with the weird vehicle-map traversing stuff which, while not terrible, sort of ruined the pure dungeon-crawling aspect of the series. I also really like the advanced classes over the traditional sub-classing.

But yeah, this year even more than most proves that unique stuff in gaming is all but gone. Almost everything is a remake, port, or re-tread. Hell, even the games I'm looking forward to are pretty much the same - "There gonna be a port of Cartherine... with uhhh, more stuff!!" AKA they'll add P5 music to the jukebox. WHOOOOOOooo..

D

Deleted User

damn
i cant vote for 2
i wana vote for rpg maker and etrian
but i decided on etrian since i cant vote for both

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you had to have played every game in the poll to vote nobody'd vote.
indeed
if that were a requirement i would not be able to vote
i hate the yokai games and i dont think i would ever get around to downloading the yoshi game (mostly because i keep forgeting it exists)

Reactions: DS1

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
metroid is wooping everything for more than the double :P i fell sorry for people who didnt experience a fun and great game becuase of moral stuff, well to each one their own thing.

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality