GBAtemp Game of the Year 2017 Voting: Nintendo Switch

gbatemp_game_of_the_year_2017.jpg

The thread you've been waiting for is here! Nintendo may have had a successful year with the Nintendo 3DS, but the true star of the show in 2017 was the newly released Nintendo Switch. From revolutionary takes on old classics, to brand new IPs, Nintendo has had many critically acclaimed games in 2017, and now its time for you to pick your favorite to win game of the year!

:arrow: PlayStation Winner: Persona 5
:arrow: PC Winner: Cuphead
:arrow: 3DS Winner: Metroid: Samus Returns

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm... of course with zelda and Mario the rest isn't in the running, but shouldn't skyrim at least be votable? Unlike 'random Bomberman iteration 27' it may actually get some votes. :unsure:

Also: no doom? LA noire? stardew valley? I am setsuna? Mr shifty?

Last edited by Taleweaver, , Reason: corrected a few grammar mistakes (was on mobile)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... of course with zelda and Mario the rest isn't in the running, buto Shouldn'tkyrim at least be votable? Unlike 'random Bomberman iteration 27' it may actually get some votes. :unsure:

Also: no doom? LA noire? stardew valley? I am setsuna? Mr shifty?
You want to vote for games that are over five years old?

Reactions: DarthDub

Edmire2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odyssey for me. Zelda was mediocre imo. No idea why people are creaming their pants over it. It was far from what people have been making it out to be. I want it to go back to linear. Miss the actual difficulty progression and such. Open world was neat once. But please no more open world "any dungeon" bs thanks

Unfortunately for you is has been confirmed that they’re sticking with open world for a while.

Edmire2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read, it was just Aunuma (or however you spell his name) saying he wanted that formula due to the freedom factor, from here on out, but AFAIK, it has in no way been confirmed.
Well, personally. I love the open world of botw, but I do believe it needs work, a lot of work. It definitely was a nice take on something new, but I’m sure there’s plenty room for improvement. They recently confirmed however that they want to contain the freedom that botw displayed. Not fully contain it, but limit the freedom that was given. Hopefully the next game will prove this.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, personally. I love the open world of botw, but I do believe it needs work, a lot of work. It definitely was a nice take on something new, but I’m sure there’s plenty room for improvement. They recently confirmed however that they want to contain the freedom that botw displayed. Not fully contain it, but limit the freedom that was given. Hopefully the next game will prove this.
It's nice every once in a while or it's nice for an every-so-often thing. Naw dude, they never confirmed it. Sites claiming that have taken his words out of context. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It has not even sort of been confirmed. Just that he wants it to go in that direction and have the freedom that BotW brought. But realize too, so many others have a say in the process as well. Despite what some may believe, his words aren't final. Personally, I can't see it happening. And I really don't think it will.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You want to vote for games that are over five years old?
Not really. As I said, the thread could just consist of Zelda, Odyssey and 'other' and it wouldn't made a difference in voting.

The first appearance on other consoles isn't very relevant when you can vote for bomberman, a franchise that hasn't been changed since at least the nineties. The same goes for Puyo puyo tetris, albeit that this is "only" three years old at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.