GBAtemp's backer raffle #2

cuup.jpg

And the winners are... click here to find out!

UPDATE: The drawing will take place live on Twitch on Saturday 9th of December at 3AM UTC ( what is UTC? https://time.is/en/UTC )

Here it comes: the second quarterly backer raffle! So what's up for grabs this time? Read the thread to find out!

First of all, Patreon backers are eligible to win a prize in the raffle if they subscribed before the 1st of November and their payment was processed correctly. If you're eligible, you'll be automatically entered, you don't even need to post in this thread! (Of course, if you wish to leave others more chance to win by forfeiting your own entry, feel free to let us know here.)

If you aren't a Patreon backer, or if you subscribed after the 1st of November, worry not: you will soon be able to enjoy our Tempmas festivities, these will be open to everyone and they're going to kick ass this year!

So the grand prize for this 2nd raffle is:

1) A brand new New Nintendo 2DS XL console!

download.jpg

And the secondary prizes are:
2) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
3) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
4) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
5) 1x $25 Amazon gift card

The winners will be designated on a live Twitch stream like last time, the link will be available right here in this thread as it goes live (date and time of the event will be given 24 hours early).

In the name of the GBAtemp staff, thank you so much for your support everyone, whether you back us on Patreon or not!

:arrow: Previous Raffle
:arrow: Check out our Patreon page

Last edited by Costello,

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Looking forward to the drawing, and good luck to everyone! :yayswitch:
just wondering as I'm not a native english speaker... is it called a draw or a drawing?
I always thought it was called "drawing" but yesterday I watched the 2018 world cup event and it was called a "draw" ("2018 World cup Final draw")
if I keep using the wrong word I'm going to sound even dumber than I already do

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just wondering as I'm not a native english speaker... is it called a draw or a drawing?
I always thought it was called "drawing" but yesterday I watched the 2018 world cup event and it was called a "draw" ("2018 World cup Final draw")
Well depend,.im.not an english native speaker but i think i can help you there
Draw is when there are no winner no loser
A drawing is like a lottery

Also, i left you a message in your inbox

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I believe Draw refers to the actual lottery name (ie GBATemp Backer Draw) whereas drawing refers to the actual event of drawing the winners (ie Live! GBATemp Backer Drawing)

Though, as someone from the US, I've heard it both ways so I imagine it's one of those things where both are technically correct.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the drawing be fairly soon and the prize arrive before Christmas? I have a friend with kids and not much money I'd like to pass it on to him if I were to win it. I'd still give it to him after Christmas but it would be great to have it by then.

I don't know about other languages but english has a lot of words with multiple meanings and different versions of the word for the entire event "a drawing will take place with multiple winners" and the action "I will now draw the first winner". As Noctosphere said a "draw" can also mean a tie (same score, no winner). "Draw" is also what you do with pencils and pens to make pictures. In a gun fight you "draw" your gun from its holster which I suppose is similar to "drawing" a winner, like picking up a card with a name on it. This probably didn't clear up anything at all.

Last edited by qqq1,

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Will the drawing be fairly soon and the prize arrive before Christmas? I have a friend with kids and not much money I'd like to pass it on to him if I were to win it. I'd still give it to him after Christmas but it would be great to have it by then.

I don't know about other languages but english has a lot of words with multiple meanings and different versions of the word for the entire event "a drawing will take place with multiple winners" and the action "I will now draw the first winner". As Noctosphere said a "draw" can also mean a tie (same score, no winner). "Draw" is also what you do with pencils and pens to make pictures. In a gun fight you "draw" your gun from its holster which I suppose is similar to "drawing" a winner, like picking up a card with a name on it. This probably didn't clear up anything at all.

you could definitely get the prize weeks before Christmas, it's not like we'll be sending the prize from china or anything.
if someone in the US wins this, the prize will be shipped from the US.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Either is fine.

Reactions: Costello

YoHonJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 107247

Here it comes: the second quarterly backer raffle! So what's up for grabs this time? Read the thread to find out!

First of all, Patreon backers are eligible to win a prize in the raffle if they subscribed before the 1st of November and their payment was processed correctly. If you're eligible, you'll be automatically entered, you don't even need to post in this thread! (Of course, if you wish to leave others more chance to win by forfeiting your own entry, feel free to let us know here.)

If you aren't a Patreon backer, or if you subscribed after the 1st of November, worry not: you will soon be able to enjoy our Tempmas festivities, these will be open to everyone and they're going to kick ass this year!

So the grand prize for this 2nd raffle is:

1) A brand new New Nintendo 2DS XL console!

View attachment 107248
And the secondary prizes are:
2) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
3) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
4) 1x $25 Amazon gift card
5) 1x $25 Amazon gift card

The winners will be designated on a live Twitch stream like last time, the link will be available right here in this thread as it goes live (date and time of the event will be given 24 hours early).

In the name of the GBAtemp staff, thank you so much for your support everyone, whether you back us on Patreon or not!

:arrow: Previous Raffle
:arrow: Check out our Patreon page
Maybe, just maybe, I will win :).

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I use drawing every time. Speaking of which, I'm not going to participate in this one. Good luck tempers.

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"designated on a live Twitch stream" Do we have to be on twitch to win? I am know I automatically in the drawing but I do have do anything else to win? Meaning do I have to be on this twitch and speak to clam my the prize or will the winners get a pm or an email saying they won? Thanx in advance

D

Deleted User

"designated on a live Twitch stream" Do we have to be on twitch to win? I am know I automatically in the drawing but I do have do anything else to win? Meaning do I have to be on this twitch and speak to clam my the prize or will the winners get a pm or an email saying they won? Thanx in advance
Ask Jayro, he won the Switch in the last raffle and wasn't even present when it was announced. They will send you a PM most likely.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to have a Twitch account or even watch the stream to win. Costello will simply pull a list of all the patreon backers who wanted to take part, pick the names, and then PMs are sent to the winners, and a thread will also be posted to announce winners as well.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to have a Twitch account or even watch the stream to win. Costello will simply pull a list of all the patreon backers who wanted to take part, pick the names, and then PMs are sent to the winners, and a thread will also be posted to announce winners as well.
Is the drawing made during a twitch live stream?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is the drawing made during a twitch live stream?
The OP said:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.