Hacking General questions about hacking a PS3.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't had a modded PS3 since around 2012ish or so so iv'e been out of the loop but before I got out of it I know that you needed to hardmod the console to make it hackable, so I just did a quick google search and this was the first result:

https://customjailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak/

Not sure if this is legit or not so sorry if it isn't. Can you just flash your PS3 to mod it now like you could when you could first mod them? and can you play backups on it like you could before and play online as well? thanks.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a video or something I can follow?this is all really overwhelming and i'm having a hard time understanding it.

Edit: Nevermind, I found one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My console is a CECH-2501A. Is this supported? i'm having a hard time reading the guide and telling which one is mine..

Last edited by kbf,

romanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a video or something I can follow?this is all really overwhelming and i'm having a hard time understanding it.

Edit: Nevermind, I found one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My console is a CECH-2501A. Is this supported? i'm having a hard time reading the guide and telling which one is mine..
HI Kbf, would you mind sharing the link you found?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI Kbf, would you mind sharing the link you found?
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...tware-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

I wanna know if mine works..but I think if I go to update it it will tell me how low the PS3 can be updated and hopefully that works for me.

bc957c6cb04351a1f593d2cf438b90e1.png

I don't know if I need the dumper or writer..

Please help it's not recognizing my flash drive. Iv'e tried two flashdrives and put the pup update file to check if i'm compatible but it keeps saying nothing was found when I go to update under storage method. My USB flashdrive is showing up under music ect, but it doesn't recognize the update file.

Last edited by kbf,

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My ps4 is actually having problems now, I made a thread about it but I suppose i'd post it here.

I had to reformat my HDD, it's a long story but I destroyed my HDD in my PS4 so I had to do a lot of HDD swapping and I had to reformat my 500GB, it boots in my PS3 and I was able to install OFW but whenever I try to install CFW I just get an error, I made a thread about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-install-cfw-data-corrupted.519666/#post-8312047

I don't know why but it won't accept the CFW file. I can't remember if they're were any other extra steps other than just installing CFW .PUP file. I renamed itto PS3UPDAT.PUP and it was formatted 2GB fat32 stick...and it just isn't installing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.