Hacking "Get on 3.0.0 - Stay on 3.0.0"

hexcode99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did 2.0.0 really fix a lot of the entry bugs in 1.0.0?
I only updated because everyone said get on 2.0.0 to access browser and get the SDXC memory card update.

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only updated because everyone said get on 2.0.0 to access browser and get the SDXC memory card update.

I did the exact same, its only came out of the box to do that. - so annoyed. theres to many people saying update to 2.0, update to 3.0, and in the midst is stay on 1.0. Should have just kept it in the box.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same here, wished I stayed on 1.00, yet going to stay on 2.00 for now (have pokken ready for 3.00 when needed)

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the exact same, its only came out of the box to do that. - so annoyed. theres to many people saying update to 2.0, update to 3.0, and in the midst is stay on 1.0. Should have just kept it in the box.

Who is saying stay on 1.0.0 besides people who don't know shit? What bugs exist in 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 which are absent in 3.0.0 and are useful to the end user? Is there any credible information that 1.0.0 has an advantage over 3.0.0 (for the end use)? I suppose that it could command a higher resale price.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who is saying stay on 1.0.0 besides people who don't know shit? What bugs exist in 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 which are absent in 3.0.0 and are useful to the end user? Is there any credible information that 1.0.0 has an advantage over 3.0.0 (for the end use)? I suppose that it could command a higher resale price.
Well, SciresM, the admin of the Reswitched team who took over from Daeken has always said to stay on 1.0.0 and he knows ‘quite’ a lot.

kitzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XIUmu82.png

shrugs

Serpentarius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what plutoo was saying in the 34C3 panel, the PID vulnerability that defaults no PID to 0 is specific to 3.0.0, and was fixed in 3.0.1. He was asked what the differences between the earlier versions and 3.0 were, but did not address that part of the question.
I think it has to do with that the webkit in 3.0 is easier to open and exploit than in previous versions. As he showed, you could only open Webkit using Puyo Puyo Tetris in 1.0, but there are other ways to more easily open it in 3.0.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best solution is to buy a switch on 1.0, another one on 2.0, and another one on 3.0. You're bound to get new hacks and stuff sometime soon, then just sell the other 2. Budget-wise, wouldn't it just make sense to update and use the modchip 'thing' when it comes out? It's probably only going to be <$100.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best solution is to buy a switch on 1.0, another one on 2.0, and another one on 3.0. You're bound to get new hacks and stuff sometime soon, then just sell the other 2. Budget-wise, wouldn't it just make sense to update and use the modchip 'thing' when it comes out? It's probably only going to be <$100.

No one should have to spend $900 on three consoles just to get hacks, it trivializes homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE