• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

group of third-graders plotted to attack their teacher

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Grimalkin said:
That's why parents should beat their kids.

In all seriousness, parents should make sure they properly discipline their children.

Agreed. Although children are very different so the same disciplinary steps a parent takes might be effective on one child, but may push another over the edge.
Parents should always try their best, as these kids will be the future leaders of the world etc.
I think corporal punishment is needed in western countries as unruly behavior in young children is becoming far too common.
As much as you wish you could use the same techniques as supernanny uses, kids need to be hit. Not hard, but hard enough to make them see that they're wrong.
Small children don't understand right from wrong so your only job should be to teach them whats wrong and when they grow up you should explain to them why.
Anyone over 11/12 shouldn't really be hit as thats the age when they start to understand things and talking is probably the better way to go.

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
xcalibur said:
Grimalkin said:
That's why parents should beat their kids.

In all seriousness, parents should make sure they properly discipline their children.

Agreed. Although children are very different so the same disciplinary steps a parent takes might be effective on one child, but may push another over the edge.
Parents should always try their best, as these kids will be the future leaders of the world etc.
I think corporal punishment is needed in western countries as unruly behavior in young children is becoming far too common.
As much as you wish you could use the same techniques as supernanny uses, kids need to be hit. Not hard, but hard enough to make them see that they're wrong.
Small children don't understand right from wrong so your only job should be to teach them whats wrong and when they grow up you should explain to them why.
Anyone over 11/12 shouldn't really be hit as thats the age when they start to understand things and talking is probably the better way to go.

Completely agree. Supernanny ftw xD. Seriously though, kids who are that screwed up, need to be shouted at, but doing it in a systematic way. E.g. If the kid does something bad, shout at him/her/it (wtf?) and give him a warning, that next time he'll be hit if he does it again, and explain to him why it's wrong and why you shouldn't do it, and also make them fear you, but know that you also love them, so after you scold them, after a bit when they reflect on what they did, hug them and make them know that you love you.

Wow i'm only 15 and i think i would make a good parent XD

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FrEEz902 said:
Completely agree. Supernanny ftw xD. Seriously though, kids who are that screwed up, need to be shouted at, but doing it in a systematic way. E.g. If the kid does something bad, shout at him/her/it (wtf?) and give him a warning, that next time he'll be hit if he does it again, and explain to him why it's wrong and why you shouldn't do it, and also make them fear you, but know that you also love them, so after you scold them, after a bit when they reflect on what they did, hug them and make them know that you love you.

No, thats what youd do with dogs
With kids, i reckon you cut off their sugar/tv and make them read a book or something

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
User Submitted News is intended for videogames news only
tongue.gif

Thread moved.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Put em in stocks and have everyone in the local surrounding towns chuck rotten fruit at the little pricks. Then force them to dress up like a medieval court fool for a year. I can't believe these kids ain't being prosecuted for this! It shows you just how soft the world is becoming! I sound like a proper old man now but when I was a kid if I pulled something like this the teacher would've beat me, then the headmaster would've beat, then my parents, then my grandparents and then finally the filth would've beat me! Bring back corporal punishment for kids damnit! Most of the little tearaways these days only do it because they know nobody will really do anything about it, kids that would've been thought of as soft as hell 10 or 20 years ago now think they're the next Capone. In fact, screw corporal punishment - bring back borstals! Do they still have reform schools in the States?

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
rhyguy said:
FrEEz902 said:

No, thats what youd do with dogs
With kids, i reckon you cut off their sugar/tv and make them read a book or something

Take consequences yes but you still have to explain why it's wrong, or else they'll just do it again. Also you can't 'make' them do anything. Give them a book, and read it to them or something, and then they would prolly want to continue the rest

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, reminds me of myself... Things like this happen when teachers don't like their job, and take their anger out on the kids.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Wow, reminds me of myself... Things like this happen when teachers don't like their job, and take their anger out on the kids.

Wait, what?

If your teacher told you not to do what you shouldn't be doing you try and kill him?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
Linkiboy said:

Wait, what?

If your teacher told you not to do what you shouldn't be doing you try and kill him?
I doubt this has been because of one thing. I'm pretty sure the teacher has previously dealt with their misbehavings in an inappropriate way causing build up, and this was the breaking point.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, I think it's just that one or two children had an extreme reaction to being told no, and then bullied some classmates into helping with their plan.

A lot of children now never hear no, from their parents ... their parents just give into them constantly, in the belief that this will lead to a quite life.

Consequently, when the child hears no from other people, they cant cope with not getting their own way, and react badly ... in this case, very badly.

If and when you ever have your own children, you'll understand that it's hard to raise children, and and hard sometimes to know what the right thing to do is, always.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
xcalibur said:
Linkiboy said:

Wait, what?

I doubt this has been because of one thing. I'm pretty sure the teacher has previously dealt with their misbehavings in an inappropriate way causing build up, and this was the breaking point.

I disagree. You could expect something as reasonable as that if they were older but these are frikking kids. They just didn't like being told no.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Those kids are some hardcore goons.

I never thought of killing my teacher even when she made me sit in the corner for crying in class (first day of kindergarden, mind you!).

That's pretty messed up. What's this world coming to? Their future is bleak if they continue with behavior like that. The parents should really send them to some psychiatrical (sp?) theorapy or something.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh... Kids these days are running too wild. They don't know manners... Back in the days when I was in Korea, I was hit with stick until I "realized" What I did wrong. We NEVER got grounded, but we had punishments instead. And it was perfectly legal, as long as it wasn't "serious". From what I heard, now it's illegal in the current times. But back on topic, kids need to learn manners....

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend told me about this story when I was in Atlanta two weeks ago (this took place in South Georgia).

I told him if my third graders could do that kind of planning I'd almost be more impressed than horrified.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.