ROM Hack Guardian Signs Mission Injector

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If someone could suppy me with a save with and without the additional missions I may be able to write an injector myself.

Andesmountain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you know an updated mission injector for guardian signs, including the giratina/arceus missions? I can't inject those and I wish I could.

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you know an updated mission injector for guardian signs, including the giratina/arceus missions? I can't inject those and I wish I could.
I have the same problem, except I already downloaded them before. But now they're gone. I tested this in DeSmuME, and apparently the injector actually ERASES the extra missions.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are save files on GameFAQs that have all the DLC content. No story progression what so ever, so you can still set up your own file for the story but you'll have access to all the DLC missions

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are save files on GameFAQs that have all the DLC content. No story progression what so ever, so you can still set up your own file for the story but you'll have access to all the DLC missions
Would I be able to restore the game I already beat, and keep the DLC missions?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would I be able to restore the game I already beat, and keep the DLC missions?
Well you could try to mess around with a HEX editor. Meaning that you'll just copy the DLC content from the downloaded save file into your file with your completed story. You'd "just" have to find the correct offsets. IIRC I actually did that once but that was a couple of years ago.

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could try to mess around with a HEX editor. Meaning that you'll just copy the DLC content from the downloaded save file into your file with your completed story. You'd "just" have to find the correct offsets. IIRC I actually did that once but that was a couple of years ago.
Nice idea, but I don't know jack about hex editing. The most I did in hex editing was character cloning in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Andesmountain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a guy who made a fresh save file with all missions. If you DM me I can give you a file to download or the link to find the save file.

Andesmountain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a guy who made a fresh save file with all missions. If you DM me I can give you a file to download or the link to find the save file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can we get a mod to delete this? Internet pooped out and sent it many times.

Sme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program's pretty old, but it almost works perfectly.

I've used it now with both Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs (physical carts), and there's an issue when dealing with real copies of the game. The save file for each game is 256KB, but when you put it through the injector it comes out as a 512KB file. Opening it up in a hex editor reveals that there's 256KB of nothing at the end of the file, and because the file size is wrong it won't load onto a real cartridge properly. Deleting the last 256KB of the file makes it work perfectly fine and emulators don't care so they'll load the larger file, it's just a bit of a stupid thing that the program does that only a very small number of people would ever encounter.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use Drastic on Android :/
In that case just use the offline tool provided in the first post, it's still up on filetrip and contains everything (unless I'm mistaken it should be for all three games). Alternatively, you can use another emulator that allows you to go online, one or two allow you to do that. There's at least one on PC and one on Android, I think it might be actually Drastic but I'm not sure. On PC it's Melon and one other I think. It's not DESMUME though, although a past version used to be able to do it, but the main dev patched it out because he didn't want the feature to be there.

PawsofHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In that case just use the offline tool provided in the first post, it's still up on filetrip and contains everything (unless I'm mistaken it should be for all three games). Alternatively, you can use another emulator that allows you to go online, one or two allow you to do that. There's at least one on PC and one on Android, I think it might be actually Drastic but I'm not sure. On PC it's Melon and one other I think. It's not DESMUME though, although a past version used to be able to do it, but the main dev patched it out because he didn't want the feature to be there.

i need to test if it works in all 3 games.
i think desmume can do online stuff again in the latest nightlies (havent tried myself but saw many wifi related changes in the changelogs recently)

edit:

i found saves with dlc

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/45846-pokemon-ranger-save-file-encryption/
https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1933-pokemon-ranger-blank-mission-saves/

edit 2: aww the mew event is missing from the japanese ranger 1 saves, hopefully soeone will share a save with all missions

Last edited by PawsofHorror,

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i need to test if it works in all 3 games.
i think desmume can do online stuff again in the latest nightlies (havent tried myself but saw many wifi related changes in the changelogs recently)

edit:

i found saves with dlc

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/45846-pokemon-ranger-save-file-encryption/
https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1933-pokemon-ranger-blank-mission-saves/

edit 2: aww the mew event is missing from the japanese ranger 1 saves, hopefully soeone will share a save with all missions
The Mission Injector definitively works with the first game 100%, so just use it and you'll see. Also Filetrip has 100% unlocked saves or it used to (Filetrip is GBAtemp's service, linked in the first post).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: