Hardware GUIDE: Change your EZFlash 3-in-1 Battery (w/ PICS)

BatPentagram

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everybody, I'm new here so don't flame em if I say something wrong or do something bad.
My EZ flash 3in1 battery was dead, so i went to radioshack and bought a new CR1220 battery, and then I went last saturday to the right place where it would get fixed. Before i took the battery to be fixed, i tried to fix it by myself but I managed to break the tabs. No prob, I went to get it fixed, they placed new cables and solded the battery the right way. Awesome, the battery is just working fine. I went back to my house to play some more. Turned it off. Turned it on again to see if the sram was still there, excellent, IT was still there. So here comes the frustrating part, the next day I turned on my DS and gues what, the battery was DEAD. It no longer saves anything, and I don't know what to do. I think the problem is that the battery moved or something but i ve opened the case to se if somthing is wrong. PLEASE! someone help... i don't want to buy another ez-flash
wacko.gif

zeroel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jqueery.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I tried to fix mine but the only bettery available was CR1216 3v they looked the same so I bought it.
When I got home tried to place the new battery but it did not work.

does it have to be exactly CR1220 3v or I can use another coded battery? what's the difference anyway?

Nor/Rumble still works without battery though. I just can't save.

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i changed lately my battery twice and still my saves won't load the games don't save, anybody know what else be the problem?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I just can't get this to work properly. There was one point where it DID keep my save, but then it suddenly stopped and I tried reapplying the tape. No matter how I do it, it just won't save, and I'm sure I have the tabs as close as possible to the battery.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally got my batteries and tried to change the battery by following the guide.

I'm sure the batt is in place, but no change at all - gbaexploader can't save configurations on the ez3in1, which means the battery isn't working. The game doesn't save either, and they're the same roms I used before the battery ran dry...

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to bump this topic because it does in fact work! Worked like a charm for me, although it sure took quite a bit of work to get the darn battery unattached from the tabs. Dang that thing is in tight!!

Just go slow, steady, and patiently and it will finally come off after surprisingly quite a bit of carefully applied force. Also it is very easy to misjudge the amount of room for tape etc so your cart can close and doesnt bulge. Basically there is no room. Get it as fine and close as you possible can. You do NOT want to be doing it all again so soon when you have to take off and reapply the tape just so it fits. Trust me haha.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but as any internet savvy person knows just because it is stickied does not mean it is current or relevant.

I know its always up here, but by posting my new post saying I just successfully followed these exact same instructions, people know that a thread from THREE YEARS ago is still relevant.
If I see a sticky that hasnt been posted in in even a few months I usually just glossy over it.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have a few questions
i have a original pokemon sapphire game with the baterry dead (so i have no more growing berrys -.-)
and also own a supercard mini sd slot 2 with the battery still working
so can i switch the battery from the supercard to the game?

(sorry if i bump a old topic, so mods you can give me the warm if i deserve it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's been an entire meme for like the past 10 years lol...