Hardware GUIDE: Change your EZFlash 3-in-1 Battery (w/ PICS)

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
oxenh said:
i have a few questions
i have a original pokemon sapphire game with the baterry dead (so i have no more growing berrys -.-)
and also own a supercard mini sd slot 2 with the battery still working
so can i switch the battery from the supercard to the game?

(sorry if i bump a old topic, so mods you can give me the warm if i deserve it)
My brothers ruby battery died few weeks ago and I had my (broken) supercard mini sd. I just stole battery from it and now it works again
happy.gif

And I think every battery that have 3 volts works fine
smile.gif

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Shorkio said:
oxenh said:
i have a few questions
i have a original pokemon sapphire game with the baterry dead (so i have no more growing berrys -.-)
and also own a supercard mini sd slot 2 with the battery still working
so can i switch the battery from the supercard to the game?

(sorry if i bump a old topic, so mods you can give me the warm if i deserve it)
My brothers ruby battery died few weeks ago and I had my (broken) supercard mini sd. I just stole battery from it and now it works again
happy.gif

And I think every battery that have 3 volts works fine
smile.gif

thanks for aswer me
i ended putting a cr1220 battery and works fine
anyway if you want the exact model of the batery is a cr1616 3v
and you must put it with the + polarity downside
(i will edit this reply after to ad a picture )

Reactions: 2 people

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried this solution, but broke the tabs off, both of them. So, what I'm going to do is tape the tabs onto the new battery using black electrical tape, and then solder both points back onto the board. I have an EZFlash 3in1 v3 or 3in1pls.

I'll tell you if it works tomorrow...Or later, since it's 4:30AM.

auken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally went with soldering in a fresh battery. No offense intended to the "Tape fix" idea, but it can lead to shorts and save loss. Soldering a fresh (Tabbed) battery is a much safer option.

Works like a charm. Now I can trust this cart with my Mother 3 saves.

7dfMm.jpg

YukiS

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a fantastic guide, especially if you can't source a replacement cart locally.

I find that a good technique to get the tabs off is to push the scalpel as far as possible under the tab and when you reach the indents twist the tip upwards slightly to pop it away.

SpasticXanaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why change it when you can be lazy and just do L+A+B+UP after every time you save? sure its a hassle but you dont have to open up your cartridge and risk damaging it, plus these things are rare now, it would be a shame to damage it, the battery is required to complete the circuit, charged or discharged, without the battery the cartridge would be a vegetable and would be unable to start(i had to learn this the hard way with my firelinker GBA&NDS flash cart, but luckly i was able to find a better newer cartridge called the EZ-FLASH IV).

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
why change it when you can be lazy and just do L+A+B+UP after every time you save? sure its a hassle but you dont have to open up your cartridge and risk damaging it, plus these things are rare now, it would be a shame to damage it, the battery is required to complete the circuit, charged or discharged, without the battery the cartridge would be a vegetable and would be unable to start(i had to learn this the hard way with my firelinker GBA&NDS flash cart, but luckly i was able to find a better newer cartridge called the EZ-FLASH IV).
Because not all games support the L+A+B+UP function

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
there is a way to patch a game with the reset function, its in the EZ-Flash IV rom patcher and sender
Yeah,the EZ-Flash IV rom patcher can do that, but doesn't support all games , even if you select the "reset patch" option the soft-reset combination will not work in some games (ex: some pokemon hacks,emulators,homebrew,games like Go Go Beckam,Love Hina Advance,Most Translated or Trained Roms,etc)

rykotxet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but since the images of this post are long gone and filetrip is now dead too, I can't figure out the polarity to solder a new battery on EZ Flash 3in1. I think A was positive and B was negative, but not sure. Can anyone confirm the right polarity solder points, please? Thanks.

rWBnNpU.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.