Hacking [Guide] How To Hack Your 360

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
There's no "magic" timing file.
It all just comes down to wirelength and getting rid of interference.

Make sure your reset wire isn't running near any MOSFETs and make sure it isn't to long

Not needed, Ace chips work extremely well.
The reset wire could be shorter I guess I'll try that now. Would you recommend an alternative rst point or stay with the standard one?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Stick to the normal points.
Play around with the wire length a bit.
Make sure it's not near any source of EMI (those coil shaped things)
I noticed it's probably because of the PLL point. The pad is lifted and I couldnt find an alternative for jasper16mb

edit: or not I used this point but it behaves exactly the same like i didnt solder PLL at all regfix09.jpg
after the fifth rewire it looks messy but besides PLL it seems okay?
Ka4M1BZ.jpg

FV61rcq.jpg

UchrOFW.jpg

t8P9k6I.jpg

Last edited by shadoom,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You sure PLL isn't bridged?

Are the wires running anywhere near any coils?
Nowhere near coils, no.
The original PLL pad lifted off and i read in a forum that soldering it to the resistor next to it should work too. But it doesn't, and previously when the pad was still attached it behaved exactly the same.
Do you know any alternative PLL point? Or anything else whihc could be the problem?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Scrape the trace leading to the PLL point and resolder them.

If the 360 still boots fine without the chip attached then nothing has been broken.

All I can think of is your reset wire length.
That's pretty much the majority of the booting problems.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Scrape the trace leading to the PLL point and resolder them.

If the 360 still boots fine without the chip attached then nothing has been broken.

All I can think of is your reset wire length.
That's pretty much the majority of the booting problems.
yeah its still booting fine after flashing the nandbackup
I tried different length for the RST wire already as someone else told me to do that already.
It didn't matter if it was pretty long(30cm) or as short(13,5cm) as it possibly can be.
I'll try scraping the PLL trace if i can find it

Last edited by shadoom,

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, first off all: I am going to flash my X360 SLIM which i bought 2011 or 2012 in europe and i just read your tutorial and to be honest: I understood NOTHING, no single WORD *blush*.

I decided to using a video, and before i go and do it, i just wanted to hear from you guys if i can do this and how i can see if my x360 is ready for this method:

Last time i updated my x360 and also used it, was 1+ year ago, just that you guys know. Can someone "overfly" this video and tell me if this would works on my x360 ? and also tell me the way how to figure out if my x360 is ready or not.

I stopped reading this guide here after i saw the first pictures of the motherboard of the x360 cuz like i said, i understood NOTHING.

Ps. What is this "thing" in the video in the guys hands at 0:15 ? i don't have that, so i will use a normal needle (without a cable taped on the needle XD cuz i don't know if this is rly needed) and stich once i am at the part where i need it, at the point where the guy stiches or touches.

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't use youtube videos.
They get outdated quickly.

To flash your Slim, you need to identify what drive you have.
It likely needs a Sputnik to be unlocked, which means soldering.

What I recommend is just dumping the DVD drive FW with jungleflasher and install an Xkey.
That will allow you to load backups via an external HDD.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woah, hell this Topic is 5 years old and i got a INSTA answer from the Topic creator LOL.

Alright seems that i can ask then when i have trouble with the guided and you help me ^.^.

With drive you mean the hard drive or the CD drive ?
So the parts which i read at the first page at the very top, were for another method ? cuz i saw pictures from the motherboard and green,red "dots" on the motherboard and understood nothing.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe it's best to bring your 360 to a modshop, judging from your understanding of the subject.
I can try to explain for ages what everything is but in the end, you'll be none the wiser.

If you do want to tackle it yourself, you'll need to disassemble your 360, take out the DVD drive, connect it to your PC, if you got a supporting SATA chipset ortherwise you'll need to get a X360 USB and using the 360 as a powersource, then dump the firmware with Jungleflasher.
Then you need to rebuild the firmware you dumped to a stock firmware to utilize it with an Xkey.

An Xkey costs ~80 quid and I believe a modshop might charge 50 orso for installing it.
Say 130 quid to have it installed and all.

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That part is very easy with the DVD, cuz i remember i did it once ago 5+ years on a very old x360 and it worked fine and i didn't used a power switcher for the power cable of the dvd drive.

I can't remember that i used a xKey ? maybe i used it, but i never paid anything. Are you sure there is no other way ? cuz i would be ready to start right now to flash my drive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, simple flashing isn't doable on Slim drives anymore.
Unless you're lucky that you already have a unlocked drive, which is pretty much impossible.

As I said, the Xkey is a small device placed between the DVD drive and the motherboard that allows you to play back games from a external HDD

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohhh sorry i was confused, now i got it.

That sounds alot better, playing games trough the HDD self than original or burned discs. But like you said the xkey is the problem and i guess there is no other way for my x360 to flash it or jtag etc. ? R.I.P. But good that i asked here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed