DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
JTAG has been disabled in 7371, which predates Slim release.
RGH is possible but it requires soldering and finetuning the wires to get good boottimes.
Considering you barely read the thread, I doubt you're up to the task.

Xkey is the easiest method really.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, i will sell my x360 and buy instead a PS4.

Can i maybe ask: Is ps4 flashing possible ? if yes, i am ready to bring the ps4 that i buy soon, to a modshop who would install / flash it for me, for the ps4 i am ready to pay so much it needs cuz my x360 is not worth, all games are outdated and i never liked the x360 to be honest.

eldontyrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Liteon 1175 and Hitachi 0500/0502 both need you to RGH your 360 to obtain your CPU key + FCRT.bin in order to emulate the drive.

I had to use this hack and it refused to "glitch" and boot the Linux stuff used to display the cpu/cd key.
It really was hell to get working. Apparently, length of wires can make a difference and I had to shorten/resolder them until it worked ... it took days.
Was hell ...

Reactions: FerociousGBA

Nerathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys,
I'm tryng to mod my xbox 360. I read the guide but I have some question... becouse searching on internet I found a lot of chip/probe model (in stock or not), and I'm not sure which one buy and where??... and which one is the best solution for my situation?

I have the phat model:
Jasper with the lite-on (74850C I suppose) drive
dashboard: 2.0.17511.0

If is it possible I prefer to run the backup from an HDD instead of burn it on a DVD.
Thanks a lot for your help!

p.s. sorry for my bad english.

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm sorry for the noobishness and my lack of information. I have a younger brother that lives far away and I wanted to enable his Xbox 360 to run backups from a USB HDD.
The console is Xbox 360 E and it is already hacked since he's able to run burned discs in it. However I have no clue which kind of hack it is running and I'm having trouble instructing my little brother over phone on how to verify his dashboard version. I'm assuming it has some kind of RGH from what I understood of the OP.

Is it possible for it to be running any other hack, considering it is the more recent E model?
What are the options for running games from USB?
Is Xkey the only one?
If it is, are people allowed to link me a seller via this forum?

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it only plays burned games but not USB stored ones, it's a disc drive hack. It was likely RGH'd at some point to get the DVD key for the drive hack. Otherwise it was probed to dump the key. I think that drive requires the kamikaze hack(drill into the chip on the disc drive board) to dump the key though.

The xKey isn't the only option. RGH is another, but you essentially lose Xbox live. At least easy access as you'd require a stealth server service and wads of cash to be online.

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it only plays burned games but not USB stored ones, it's a disc drive hack. It was likely RGH'd at some point to get the DVD key for the drive hack. Otherwise it was probed to dump the key. I think that drive requires the kamikaze hack(drill into the chip on the disc drive board) to dump the key though.

The xKey isn't the only option. RGH is another, but you essentially lose Xbox live. At least easy access as you'd require a stealth server service and wads of cash to be online.
So if it is RGH'd is there any way I can load from USB without Xkey?

SinisterWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm thinking of modding my xbox 360 phat. I was thinking of using the xkey method because soldering is just not for me. Is modchipcentral the best website in us to buy it?

Reactions: brickmii82

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, after finding a video showing what an RGH'd 360 can do, and how the modded emulation files allows compatibility with more OG Xbox games, I brought this up to the wifey and suddenly she was all like "well, why don't we mod the white one?" This being a console we received and I successfully refurbished to run all stock. But after we both saw the video and everything, even she's on board with modding it. :)

I would have at least started with at least flashing the DVD-ROM drive, but my connectivity kit for the optical drive I noticed I'm missing the little spear to be able to read/dump the drive key, as it's the same series as my Elite (which is stock besides said LT 3.0 drive flash).

I'm debating whether to try and find out what I'd need to get to do it myself, or see if anyone would be able to service it. Can't afford to do much right now, but definitely wanting to research it now, seeing that I know now I have the approval. :gba:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know how to solder then DIY it.
Makes sense. But, what would i need? Where would i buy it? About what am i looking at, cost wise? How much of it can be reusable? How much of it needs to have a separate one per console?

Apologies if this sounds very newbie, but never had looked this stuff up before, and wouldn't know where to begin for materials.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Depends what 360 it is.
A phatty needs a JR Programmer and a Ace V3.
Slims might or might not need more.

Only thing reusable is the JR programmer.
Glitch chip needs to be connected all times.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both 360 consoles i have are phat, both using the same lite on brand and series drive. And based on what I've seen with XKey app, both with a clean KV. My personal system with the flashed DVD drive i had regularly flashed back to stock before any system dash updates. The white one in question has been always stock.

On the off chance i ever do encounter a 360 e system, how would that be treated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.