Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

AIexander

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there i'm new here and i'm going to ask probably something that is has been already answered but i can't find it...
Anyway, i'm trying to convert some of my japanese games, but i have some problems: the games are Rayman and Ridge Racer (both of them have CDDA tracks), and everytime i try to convert them it doesn't compress them and then it creates an EBOOT file of around 500kb. Why?

I've ripped them with Alcohol 52%, but with any success. Any suggestion?

MathUser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500 kb is really small, you must mean 500 MB. I don't know the solution to your problem, perhaps the games are full of data or perhaps the format you ripped the games in don't compress well. You could try ripping it into bin and cue.

AIexander

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually is 500kb, because probably there's something wrong, but i've tried to ripping them with many format, but nothing... :(

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to access the dualshock capabilities of the PS Vita while emulating under Adrenaline? I have a PSx game called Ape Escape, and I'm not sure how well it'd play if I cannot use the second analog stick that the PS Vita has. Is there a way to access the second analog stick while in Adrenaline? I heard of some sort of patch before that allowed use of the second analog stick, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

esmjanus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I run into error fffffffff cannot load though, either way.
Did you include a custom Game ID and Save ID? you need to put one, by example you can use something like RBRH00001. For game title and save title is just the name of the game: Roll Boss Rush. I have already tested the game and it works, except for cutwoman's stage that crashes the game and turns off the PSP.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yours works... considerably different from mine. I originally used gameID PBPX and entered RBR11

Which options did you use to set it up using PSX2PSP 1.3?

esmjanus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mostly used default options, the first time that I converted the game, I entered for game id RBRH-00001 and the game didn't work, I just get error 80000009 or something like that.
Then for the game ID you need to enter four letters followed by five numbers, like ROLL12345, XDSA54321, etc.
Sometimes, If you use images with high resolutions you can get errors too, you need too resize your images to 480x272 for backgrounds PIC1, BOOT, 310x180 for PIC0 and 80x80 or 144x80 for ICON0.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !

I've tried to convert Final Fantasy VI for my PSP Go, but i have a black screen (the menu is working though)
I wanted to check the compability list, but the link is broken.

I simply followed the guide. FF VI is reconized by the tool (EUR version)

Thanks !

daphnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this utility, which works great for titles which are single BIN only, but I'm having a lot of difficulties with titles containing multiple BIN files (like Rayman). Even mounting a CUE and converting to ISO doesn't seem to work because of the multiple audio tracks involved. What are some other options for converting my PS1 disk images to PSP format with all the data intact?

Daeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone ever had succes converting Pro Pinball Timeshock to an eboot? I own both the pal and ntsc version and I am trying lots of configurations, but not much luck. The best I've managed to get so far is no sound and the pinball leaving traces all over the table (besides that, it's fully functional).

Last edited by Daeru,
Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Has anyone ever had succes converting Pro Pinball Timeshock to an eboot? I own both the pal and ntsc version and I am trying lots of configurations, but not much luck. The best I've managed to get is no sound and the pinball leaving traces all over the table (besides that, it's fully functional).
Uh oh, looks like we've got Wii N64 VC all over again lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...