Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

Daeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wii N64 VC injection has always had bad compatibility with most games, and you said Pro Pinball Timeshock doesn't work for you, so I decided to make a joke out of it.
But back to the original topic. Since it doesn't work for you, you should probably use Popsloader.

I'm going through all firmware versions with every new eboot I make...quite a lot of work, but it is the last game I wanted to add to my PS1 on PSP collection.

Daeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are using Popsloader, try testing the game with the oldest POPS you have (should be at least 3.00).

Yeah I know... I have had success with Destruction Derby 2, Wipeout XL and Doom on those old POPS. Music and everything. I think this game also needs an old pop for the music to work, but it won't even go much further than the Playstation logo. The best I've gotten so far is pops 5.00 and up (working game, without music and with the pinball traces).

daphnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those watching having difficulties converting (like I did with Rayman), try using Classic mode for PSX2PSP. I was getting failures (said success but wrote small amount of data) using the Theme mode, but once switching to Classic mode everything worked.

ablebodyoungman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a website where you can download individual thumbnail images for .pbp games? I've got a bunch but with no accompanying thumbnail images for my PSP?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a website where you can download individual thumbnail images for .pbp games? I've got a bunch but with no accompanying thumbnail images for my PSP?
I just feed unmodified cover art for both thumbnail and wallpaper, the black Playstation logo on the bottom gets 99% cropped off and it looks nice with no effort
WP_20171028_09_30_48_Pro.jpg

Reactions: CatmanFan

ablebodyoungman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, just stick in a full-disc .bin (converting is often required if you use non-yours dumps), the cover art as both icon0 and pic0, autodetected name and titleid, and on the console's side the cdda_enabler plugin, of course!
Cool. I've used PSX2PSP before but never bothered with the images. I've got all my bin files on my computer so it's just a case of collecting the art and going through the process of creating the Eboots.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Finally found a way to prevent freezes in Digimon World 3 (USA and EUR) when using EBOOTs (PSP).
I don't play much PSP but I found a way after some basic research.

I'll share the setup(s) I used, step by step:

0) PSP 6.61 Pro-C Infinity CFW, use flash pops (the default pops 6.61 comes with).
Also in PRO Recovery Menu: plugins->pops_bridge.prx and plugins->popsloader.prx must be DISABLED.
Also in PRO Recovery Menu: Advanced->Pops Plugin: must be ENABLED

for DW3 NTSC (USA) :
1) You must use Ice Tea V1.3, don't use psx2psp.
2) Digimon World 3 USA (NTSC)
3) Open Ice Tea, choose compression Level:3
4) Game ID : MUST BE SLES: 00972 for Game ID/Main Game ID/Unique PSX Game ID, depending on game ID it seems the pops to use slower routines for CD-ROM driver or something like that. I need to investigate that.
5) Convert to EBOOT, and start new game and play.

for Digimon World 2003 EUR:
1) You must use Ice Tea V1.3, don't use psx2psp.
2) Digimon World 2003 (EUR)
3) Open Ice Tea, Build Eboot: choose compression Level:3, Game ID/Main Game ID/Unique PSX Game ID: SLES: 03936
4) Copy the EBOOT to PSP.
5) repeat step #3 but replace Game ID/Main Game ID/Unique PSX Game ID to: SLES: 00972, keep the newly EBOOT created somewhere outside the PSP.
6) Start new game using EBOOT built in step #3, save at Asuka Inn. Turn off the PSP.
7) delete EBOOT built in step #3 from PSP, move EBOOT built in step #5 to PSP and boot the EBOOT.
Right after the Intro screen appears, press the PS button in PSP:
Memory Card Utility->Press X twice->Import->Look for another Digimon World 2003 Save (by pressing D-PAD UP or D-PAD DOWN). Once found, press X->Press X again to copy the save (FROM SLES 03936 TO SLES 00972 internally). Press O to go back until you reach game. Press Continue (in-game), and choose the memory card you copied the save earlier. Save in-game again once more just to make sure the save works fine.

Congrats the game is now playable. You can later mount the PSP as removable media, then delete the folder (X: The letter the PSP was mounted to) X:/PSP/SAVEDATA/SLES03936

In game-freezes when reloading an area: (that work correctly if you follow the above steps)
Entering the Inn in Asuka City, entering Asuka Sewers and going back to Inn.

Follow #1 then Going to El Dorado / Yellow Cruiser, then going back to Asuka Inn. (freezes always)

Now each part reloads correctly. I can say the game takes a while to load per area (much closer to what DW3 did in PS1).

Last edited by Coto, , Reason: added Digimon World 2003 EUR steps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs