Hacking Hackers suggest the Switch OS is similar to the 3DS OS

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wrong track.
Actually it isn't the case, the Switch isn't based on 3DS system, but on a system that we see everywhere. You could guess it easily by viewing previous Nvidia researches, and the hardware of the SDK. But they uses some APIs that are derived from 3DS ones. But I let you think about.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong track.
Actually it isn't the case, the Switch isn't based on 3DS system, but on a system that we see everywhere. You could guess it easily by viewing previous Nvidia researches, and the hardware of the SDK. But they uses some APIs that are derived from 3DS ones. But I let you think about.
If you are trying to imply it's android, no, no its not.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong track.

The Switch OS is in fact just a rewrite of the 3DS's OS (from scratch), for the record.

I say this as someone who has spent the past 9 months reversing the OS.

Last edited by SciresM,

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but being a developer and having sidenotes official documents are sometimes more clear, than dealing with system assembly and deducting subroutines.
But what you do is very good, and I encourage you. I told nothing in my previous post, I just tell you to think about this fact.

Last edited by iyenal,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but being a developer and having sidenotes official documents are sometimes more clear.
But what you do is very good, and I encourage you. I told nothing in my previous post, I just tell you to think about this fact.
But the offical documents don't want you to reverse their OS. Also this isn't opinionated, this is just something with one answer, yes or no.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But the offical documents don't want you to reverse their OS. Also this isn't opinionated, this is just something with one answer, yes or no.
If you want to code for a processor, you have to know how it works, no ?
If you want to develop a software, you have to know how the system will run it ? And joining them with reverse-engineering from the other side, you know the inside and the outside. But yes I agree, it's way more difficult than reading official documents. You have to read between the lines, or otherwise there is nothing relevant.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to code for a processor, you have to know how it works, no ?
If you want to develop a software, you have to know how the system will run it ? And joining them with reverse-engineering from the other side, you know the inside and the outside. But yes I agree, it's way more difficult than reading official documents. You have to read between the lines, or otherwise there is nothing relevant.

My claim isn't from "deducing" subroutines, it's from an extreme familiarity with both the 3DS OS and the Switch OS. Which are fundamentally the same ("Horizon") OS.

The Switch's OS's modules have names, and have symbols -- hell, the 3DS and Switch kernels share C++ object names (per RTTI). I know the OS well enough to say it's a rewrite definitively.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong track.
Hardware =/= software

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong track.
you brought up a 1 year old thread for what?
are you that bored?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: