Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Roquentin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is a FANTASTIC post. Thank you very much!!

There are about a million laundry lists out there of 'how to' mod a Wii U, but getting some basic high level perspective on what is going on, and how this has changed over time is surprisingly difficult. Again, I cant thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Its exactly what I've been looking for.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, uhh.. this is like an entire console generation old.. did anything happen in the Wii U scene? should I update some links, or what?
if not, feel free to unsticky the thread. it's waaay out of date :)

rbk3ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got multiple Wii U if I buy one of the exploitable ds games for cfw will I be able to gameshare it login to the other wii with the account i purchased the game and download it to other wii? Or do I have to buy it everytime for each wii? Thx

Hegerfors

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is there any new progress in figuring out a way to hack the WiiU without a DS game? Once the WiiU store closes (probably soon) hacking the console will become impossible unless another exploit is found.

Reactions: XDel

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the ds game, you'll probably be safe with haxchi, even after the eshop closes, as long as the game has been bought before then. I noticed that content is even on the wii shop still, just not the ticket itself. I get a 404 error when trying to download the ticket itself.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
So a few years ago, i hacked my WiiU, but now i've finally got time to start playing, and i'm wanting to make sure i'm up to date with everything...
But i can't remember what i did way back then :)
i do know it's got a CFW, version 99.99.99E or something?
And i've loaded a few games onto the WiiU using tickets or something?
Has anything progressed since then? Do i need to do anything?
If everything is ok, how do i update a game? Reason for this, is that in BoTW, the map doesn't show new areas with color? The first section is brownish, everything else is blue with gradient lines.. (I'm sure it's not meant to be like this)
BoTW also says i don't have access to the DLC or something like that?
Also, when i exit the game i get popup messages from the WiiU saying some data hasn't been downloaded and data has been installed etc (but i think it's to do with different games)
TIA !!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few years ago, i hacked my WiiU, but now i've finally got time to start playing, and i'm wanting to make sure i'm up to date with everything...
But i can't remember what i did way back then :)
i do know it's got a CFW, version 99.99.99E or something?
And i've loaded a few games onto the WiiU using tickets or something?
Has anything progressed since then? Do i need to do anything?
If everything is ok, how do i update a game? Reason for this, is that in BoTW, the map doesn't show new areas with color? The first section is brownish, everything else is blue with gradient lines.. (I'm sure it's not meant to be like this)
BoTW also says i don't have access to the DLC or something like that?
Also, when i exit the game i get popup messages from the WiiU saying some data hasn't been downloaded and data has been installed etc (but i think it's to do with different games)
TIA !!

you can check which firmware you're on by opening mocha, then going to system settings. if data is not downloading, it sounds like you're blocking updates. that's still okay to do. the only downside is that you won't be able to play online or use the eshop without nnu patcher. I'm still on 5.5.1, and I no longer do either of those things, so it doesn't matter to me. you're using haxchi if it says 99.99.99 as the version number. if you have "autobooting" when you turn the system on, it's cbhc. do not format or delete the nnid or the system will brick (if using cbhc). if you can remember those two things, it's perfectly safe to use cbhc (been using it for at least three years, and I play the wii u daily). you can uninstall it if you want with the installer. I've done that before myself, when I wanted to use brain age instead of yoshi's island as my cbhc title. it's very easy to do. dlc may not be working because you don't have the update installed. use wup installer to install both.

Reactions: Sledge1

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
you're using haxchi if it says 99.99.99 as the version number. if you have "autobooting" when you turn the system on, it's cbhc
It does auto boot into the CFW..
so haxchi and cbhc are 2 different things that work together?
It's been way too long since i've done this lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc is haxchi, but it works at boot. it's dangerous, so some people don't use it. as long as you don't do the two things above, you're in no danger. though, I wouldn't use it if others use the system especially little kids. ;)

Reactions: Sledge1

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
dlc may not be working because you don't have the update installed. use wup installer to install both.
Out of interest, do I need to remove BoTW and reinstall? Or just install the main install and then the update, then the DLC? Or can i safely skip the main install, and go straight for the update and DLC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.