Gaming Had the new Mario Kart 8 update fix the 59fps bug?

DId Nintendo fix the 59fps Issue?

• Yes, it does.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No, it doesn't, because Nintendo don't care about that little frame.

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
...Seriously? :blink:
I remember when Dolphin at 24fps vs 60fps speed was great. 59fps vs 60fps is not like playing a laggy emulator...... but that's my opinion. :P

Yes. Its common when you're using an emulator on an underpowered machine for it not to be able to keep up, so that is the visual effect.

I played Mario Kart 8 for about an hour today.. thats 60 minutes. So, at one stutter per second thats 3600 stutters. Yes, I noticed it. I notice the first stutter and I notice the 3600th. SO PLEASE STOP COMING TO THIS THREAD TO SAY ITS NOT NOTICEABLE jesus.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid that I really don't notice it. If you do, okay, but I don't really see the big deal. Secondly, this is the first comment I've made in this thread, and to tell you the truth, I only read the first and last posts, so I really didn't know what was discussed here before. Also, if you could reduce your amount of CAPS in future posts, that would be great. Might I suggest bolding? :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Top lol at people saying that a single dropped frame is noticeable. It's not, you're overreacting.
Yes. Its common when you're using an emulator on an underpowered machine for it not to be able to keep up, so that is the visual effect. I played Mario Kart 8 for about an hour today.. thats 60 minutes. So, at one stutter per second thats 3600 stutters. Yes, I noticed it. I notice the first stutter and I notice the 3600th. SO PLEASE STOP COMING TO THIS THREAD TO SAY ITS NOT NOTICEABLE jesus.
1s = 1000ms
1s = 60 frames
1 frame = 1/60th s = 16.666666... ≈ 17ms

You're arguing that 17 miliseconds bothers you. I'm sorry but the gamepad itself has 33 miliseconds latency and chances are that whatever monitor/TV you're using has latency even higher than that.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm more concerned about the lack of having a backup item than this, actually. I've not really noticed this 59fps issue, tbh, cause I'm more into the action and making sure no one's going to shove a shell up my ass. :-P
That was actually made to keep people from having triple shells around them followed by triple bananas. A welcome change in my opinion, because short of having a lightning or a blue shell, you weren't catching up with the 1st place if they had that setup and were halfway decent at the game.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Top lol at people saying that a single dropped frame is noticeable. It's not, you're overreacting.
1s = 1000ms
1s = 60 frames
1 frame = 1/60th s = 16.666666... ≈ 17ms

You're arguing that 17 miliseconds bothers you. I'm sorry but the gamepad itself has 33 miliseconds latency and chances are that whatever monitor/TV you're using has latency even higher than that.

Even if my TV's latency was 5 minutes, I'd still be seeing the stutters. It would just mean everything I see would be 5 minutes late to hit the screen.

And this isn't a film, where low shutter speed is used in a fast action scene to blur fast motions thus masking cadence defects. You're seeing every frame here... no amount of Professor Frink maths explanations can make me unsee what I'm clearly seeing.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am more interested in what makes it so some people can notice it and others not. Is it training, reflexes, genetics, something else?

Tortitamal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am more interested in what makes it so some people can notice it and others not. Is it training, reflexes, genetics, something else?
It's called "the placebo effect". They believe they see it, because they were told the slutter existed. But in fact it is all in their heads. Just like religion and valuable dlcs.

Reactions: loco365

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
It's called "the placebo effect". They believe they see it, because they were told the slutter existed. But in fact it is all in their heads. Just like religion and valuable dlcs.
Well, let's just say that the so called bug is fixed then?

Great news anyone, the big that makes MK8 totally unplayable is fixed!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It's called lies.
Not that it would be impossible to notice if you put your effort into it, but considering most games drop frames more often than this and they don't notice or assume it is something that doesn't happen I call they super sensitivity to framerate jitter a blatant lie.
(I really like the presumptuous BS about calling it "laggy like an emulator on an old PC", so making it obvious they think it doesn't normally happen in most other current games in every platform).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What? 10 hours in, never noticed it
Same. Been playing MK8 since it came out and never noticed that... probably because the lightings, wave of shells and bloopers.

If there's anything I hate more than the blue shell then it's getting struck with lightning and have in my hand the star/bullet/'shrooms or whatever. :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup