Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try with skogaby uboot and let me know.
i try the uboot from skogaby and it found the micro sd card but it makes errors.
the original 11 games are only a black cube with a flash in it and doesnt work.
and all other games show icons and doesnt work.
folders and boot picture are working.

then i try uboot and zimage from skogaby it starts then it come shut down

my idea is that are sd card mod and usb host are in one hakchi but with a field or button it can be switch internal.
that would be easier then everytime to modify the hakchi to get it work with the sd card mod

Last edited by Liriel,

Batman215

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is USB connection with PC.
Emulator supports mappers: 0 (NROM), 1 (MMC1), 2 (UxROM), 3 (CNROM), 4 (MMC3), 5 (MMC5), 7 (AxROM), 9 (MMC2), 10 (MMC4).

Cluster I need some guidance what am I doing wrong with my snes classic. I know you have alot of things already in the works so if I don't get a response I don't blame you for not responding, so here goes please bear with me as I am in no way computer literate. I've been trying to learn how to upgrade my snes classic with your program I figured out how to use hakchi just fine but that wasn't enough the. I wanted to do the USB host have and also do a dual boot hack but somewhere along the way from watching almost every tutorial guide on you tube between You- kmfdmanic- and a few others of the guys that have been making videos I screwed up somewhere bad. After realizing that it's alot easier to have WinRAR to open my files which I may add for guys like me that had no idea WinRAR is a must and not one video mentions it. I'm trying to use hakchi.gui.exe to do the USB host hack but when I go to dump my kernel it gives me a error c:\users\family\desktop\data\fes1.bin not found I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my kernel that I have saved in a different folder. Bit how do I add it back I've tried flashing a custom kernel I've tried uninstalling I've even tried dumping the kernel. Could you please tell me where I went wrong

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Cluster , haven't heard any news from you after 2.21. Hopefully everything's okay.
I have a small request, maybe you could help me out.

In Folders Manager, when you decide to place a folder at the leftmost, it will automatically state 2P on it.
While if it's placed at the rightmost, it will be a 1P folder.
Sometimes I want to change the other way around. Is it possible to implement it in the future update?
Though it would be a minor one, I'll be looking forward to it.
Many thanks. :)

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 1-16-18

HOTFIX UPDATE

This is a crucial Update to better streamline the hakchi Uninstall/Reinstall Process! Huge thanks to shawnsub and defkorns for spending hours helping me test the refined streamlined process! If you have issues on one hakchi, there are 2 others to try! I am able to use all 3, some, have reported they can only use 1st release. It varies. But, regardless, as long as one is on the appropriate hardware, 1 or all 3 of them should be able to be used:) Hopefully, this streamline helps boost compatibility for those who have previously had issues! It has, in tests! There will be another Update Wed/Thurs, to fix other things:) _km_extras/_USB-HOST/HMODS Folder, view the readme. The necessary uninstall/reinstall files are all organized by Release! See you all tomorrow or Thurs for the NEXT Release!

NOTE: ALL Hakchi Versions are revised, so they NEED to be overwritten. I recommend using the ones in this Hotfix Release!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster I need some guidance what am I doing wrong with my snes classic. I know you have alot of things already in the works so if I don't get a response I don't blame you for not responding, so here goes please bear with me as I am in no way computer literate. I've been trying to learn how to upgrade my snes classic with your program I figured out how to use hakchi just fine but that wasn't enough the. I wanted to do the USB host have and also do a dual boot hack but somewhere along the way from watching almost every tutorial guide on you tube between You- kmfdmanic- and a few others of the guys that have been making videos I screwed up somewhere bad. After realizing that it's alot easier to have WinRAR to open my files which I may add for guys like me that had no idea WinRAR is a must and not one video mentions it. I'm trying to use hakchi.gui.exe to do the USB host hack but when I go to dump my kernel it gives me a error c:\users\family\desktop\data\fes1.bin not found I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my kernel that I have saved in a different folder. Bit how do I add it back I've tried flashing a custom kernel I've tried uninstalling I've even tried dumping the kernel. Could you please tell me where I went wrong

Don't run hakchi from your desktop.

Use my access denied video to clean things up, if you still have an issue. Then, try the process again. Do not forget kernel needs nes and or snes dump folder kernel/s need copied to hakchi dump directory.

Reactions: artemus3

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try the uboot from skogaby and it found the micro sd card but it makes errors.
the original 11 games are only a black cube with a flash in it and doesnt work.
and all other games show icons and doesnt work.
folders and boot picture are working.

then i try uboot and zimage from skogaby it starts then it come shut down

my idea is that are sd card mod and usb host are in one hakchi but with a field or button it can be switch internal.
that would be easier then everytime to modify the hakchi to get it work with the sd card mod

Not too many people have switched over to doing the SD Card Modification, including myself. So, unfortunately, I cannot personally test for issues or conflicts. But, I can help get them fixed, nonetheless. Obviously, if there are issues, stick to 1-5-18 release! But, I will do what I can to bump things to working on 1-14-18, as well, if there is truly a conflict or two. And, I will let you know if I need you to test any changes, for accuracy:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very Thank KMDManic :)

You are welcome:) Many more updates to come!

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes games that start with the word "The" are sorted by T, and some are sorted by the first letter following "The". It seems to happen at random when loading games. Right now, I have Minish Cap sorted under "Legend" and the other Game Boy Zelda games sorted under "The". What's causing it to sort inconsistently?

(Edit: I prefer to avoid titling games like "[Name], The")

Last edited by NESjimbo,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes games that start with the word "The" are sorted by T, and some are sorted by the first letter following "The". It seems to happen at random when loading games. Right now, I have Minish Cap sorted under "Legend" and the other Game Boy Zelda games sorted under "The". What's causing it to sort inconsistently?

(Edit: I prefer to avoid titling games like "[Name], The")

actually it's Hakchi renaming games found in the xml database. They are listed as: Legend of Zelda, The which makes me mad too, I spent an entire afternoon renaming all my games because of that.

sad thing is I had renamed all my roms before importing them and the database forced its naming still... I always make my listing with clean titles like: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

gameboy ones aren't part of the database so it kept your rom naming.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:)

**UPDATE 1-18-18**

Custom Cheats Fixed:) (Thanks for heads up Dark Hurrikane!) They need to be selected a special way (back out til you are just out of retroarch directory, then select NEW cheats folder), as in my video. I did it this way to avoid conflicts and formatting issues. Intermediate Ripping Tools for PS1, etc. Games! Videos showcasing both are at end of this description! Fixed Nestopia. All RetroArchs are Updated to reflect this! RetroArch 1.6.7 added back for those who prefer to use that Variant. Secondary Arcade Compatibility list added (Thanks deathr0w!). I updated chdman to work with both 32/64 bit (thanks for heads up on 32 bit shawnsub:) I always listen to feedback, and greatly appreciate all who follow me here, Reddit, GBA Temp, YouTube, etc:) Thank you all! I am trying to fulfill all requests, and I get some for every Update:) I will be restructuring my Core Set, probably by the weekend, so that files do not HAVE to be downloaded in one massive .7zip file. I will make them individually available, for grabs:) Enjoy Today's Update! There will be more Arcade Series Videos and another Update by the weekend:) Anyone having issues with SD Card, be patient, and use previous version of Hakchi, for now. Thank you:) I will also revise the 3 MAME 2003 Cores so they can be used simultaneously, for the Next Update:)

SNES Classic - In the Hunt - Intermediate PS1 Ripping:)

SNES Classic - Custom RetroArch Cheats!

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a wii fightstick work on the NES classic/SNES classic ? I have a lot of arcade games on my nes classic but there aren't any controller with enough buttons to properly play an arcade game.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameboy ones aren't part of the database so it kept your rom naming.
Actually, I found what's causing it. I just checked the .desktop file, and it shows the following (emphasis mine):

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/gba /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-A-XBEHS/Zelda_-_Minish_Cap.gba.7z
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-A-XBEHS
Name=The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Icon=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-A-XBEHS/CLV-A-XBEHS.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-A-XBEHS
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=2005-01-10
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=legend of zelda: the minish cap
SortRawPublisher=NINTENDO
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin​

The "SortRawTitle" field is what affects the sorting. It was missing "The", so it's sorting alphabetically with "legend". That means you can manually adjust this field to custom sort them any way you want. That will come in handy with the Genesis Shinobi games which are all titled differently, for example.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Dual boot problem.

Hey guys I did the snes/nes dual boot tonight. It all worked fine but the nes games play in black & white. It's not using retroarch but the orginal emulator by the looks of it.

- How can i get it to use retroarch emulator
- How can I view/change the Nes game lineup
- cannot find the nes emulator in the KMFD releases.

Ta

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:)

**UPDATE 1-18-18**
I haven't updated my SNES Classic for a while. I've been using 2.21f and the snes_custom_filters HMOD to remove the scanlines from CRT mode, and that was the only mod I had on my SNES. This week, I wanted to add RetroArch, genesis_plus and Genesis games. I added your latest RetroArch and genesis_plus HMODs. The SNES boot up fine, but when opening a folder, I got a C8 error, and kept getting a C8 error until I re-flashed the gamess. I removed the extra HMODs and it works OK now. I'm wondering if the problem was with the custom filter. The SNES custom filter warns it can conflict with RetroArch and to use latest versions of mods. I thought I did that.

I want to use Canoe for all my SNES ROMs (minus a couple trouble ones like DQ3-English) with scanlines removed from CRT mode, and RetroArch for Genesis games. My question .... what do I install now to make that modification to the Canoe filter while not conflicting with RetroArch? Is there an order I need to follow to make it work?

Edit: I re-flashed everything from scratch, and it works fine now.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual boot problem.

Hey guys I did the snes/nes dual boot tonight. It all worked fine but the nes games play in black & white. It's not using retroarch but the orginal emulator by the looks of it.

- How can i get it to use retroarch emulator
- How can I view/change the Nes game lineup
- cannot find the nes emulator in the KMFD releases.

Ta

U need to use 1-5-18 release at least to not have color in black and white games with kachikachi

2 nes emulators are embedded in retroarchs in my set.

/bin/fceumm OR /bin/nestopia

I haven't updated my SNES Classic for a while. I've been using 2.21f and the snes_custom_filters HMOD to remove the scanlines from CRT mode, and that was the only mod I had on my SNES. This week, I wanted to add RetroArch, genesis_plus and Genesis games. I added your latest RetroArch and genesis_plus HMODs. The SNES boot up fine, but when opening a folder, I got a C8 error, and kept getting a C8 error until I re-flashed the gamess. I removed the extra HMODs and it works OK now. I'm wondering if the problem was with the custom filter. The SNES custom filter warns it can conflict with RetroArch and to use latest versions of mods. I thought I did that.

I want to use Canoe for all my SNES ROMs (minus a couple trouble ones like DQ3-English) with scanlines removed from CRT mode, and RetroArch for Genesis games. My question .... what do I install now to make that modification to the Canoe filter while not conflicting with RetroArch? Is there an order I need to follow to make it work?

Edit: I re-flashed everything from scratch, and it works fine now.

Great:)

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
U need to use 1-5-18 release at least to not have color in black and white games with kachikachi

2 nes emulators are embedded in retroarchs in my set.

/bin/fceumm OR /bin/nestopia

Great:)

Any idea here I can find 1-5-18 release kachikachi and do I install it like the other hmods

Last edited by Beaps,

daz316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
hey guys, need some help.

I am trying to do the hakchi mod on my snes, once I have done it and go to test my snes keeps powering down.

I can get it to work with hakchi 2 boot to my snes, I have uninstalled firmware. gone back to factory but every time I do the hakchi part it flash ok but the console will not stay on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans