daz316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
that would be a try.
or flash the original firmware twice and test it

I have done that re flashed back to original and console boots, Flashed custom firmware with Hakchi 2 and it boots.

When following the guide for usb host nothing console just powers off.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when it start and shutdown after usb host flash there was something wrong.
dumpkernel from original firmware.
unpack kernel
flash kernel
rebuild kernel
memboot

that it is how it is to do.

dump kernel only need one time

Thoradin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i Finaly did the USB Host for my NES Mini and it works great but i have 2 problems .

First FBA Arcade games dont run i have the mame games running but all FBa games dont run .
And Second PSX game work but only Disc one for Multi disc games when i switch to the second disc nothing habens . I tried Eboot and M3u both didnt work, is there another way to play multi disc games on the mini ?

And thx KMFDManiac , Cluster Dannthemann, MadMonkey and everyone in this great Classic Mini Retro Community

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my SNESC set up for no scanlines for CRT mode when running Canoe. What adjustment do I need to make to keep that for RetroArch automatically? By default in CRT mode, it has bi-linear filtering on (which I want) and scanlines on (which I don't want).

One way is to switch the system to 4x3 mode and then toggle bi-linear filtering on in the RA menu, but I want to avoid the manual steps.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my SNESC set up for no scanlines for CRT mode when running Canoe. What adjustment do I need to make to keep that for RetroArch automatically? By default in CRT mode, it has bi-linear filtering on (which I want) and scanlines on (which I don't want).

One way is to switch the system to 4x3 mode and then toggle bi-linear filtering on in the RA menu, but I want to avoid the manual steps.

Have you tried "Save Game Override" after you have adjusted your settings in RA ?

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried "Save Game Override" after you have adjusted your settings in RA ?
No, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Separate question - I added Goof Troop to my 2.21f library. Is there supposed to be a prompt for patching the ROM? I didn't see any message. Does it do it automatically when converting it to sfrom?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea here I can find 1-5-18 release kachikachi and do I install it like the other hmods

It is in my usb host folder, official hakchi1 1-5-18. I just recently amended the code to remove black and white from nes kachikachi run games. Use /bin/fceumm of /bin/nestopia to use those instead.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Clovershell is not a virus. But, it triggers false positives. If you got hakchi2, officially, you shouldn't have viruses:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

**SNES Classic - Core Set Update:) Mattel Intellivision Core, Dual-MAME 2003, etc:)**

UPDATE 1-20-18

Today's Update has some really truly awesome stuff! DarkAkuma had invested a ton of time into helping boost Canoe Compatibility! He did an exceptional job! I included a link to his site in the SFROMS Folder, which includes an Sfrom Tool and information about patching, if you want to have the latest and greatest Canoe Compatibility! Next, we have the last of the long lost classic Retro Systems, none other than the great Mattel Intellivision! (Freeintv; Thanks madmonkey, markwkidd, recompile); Hakchi1 1-14-18 fix for broken, default games (thanks DanTheMan827:), Dual-MAME 2003 (ability to install and use all 3 MAME 2003 Variants! ( bin/mame2003-sys32 /bin/mame2003-ffight /bin/mame2003-standard ) Also, you can now install EVERY HMOD, and have them on Flash Drive, rather than bogging down the internal Nand Flash Memory! Use the nifty dtm external retroarch hmod! Sky-cyberguy was nice enough to do some "missing" system Icons for Folder Images:) Enjoy the Core Set Update! More fun stuff to be released after the weekend, in Another Update:) Here are videos of the Dual-MAME 2003 in action, as well as Intellivision! You can look at my most recent video, to see the one about External RetroArch!

SNES Classic - Dual-MAME 2003

SNES Classic - Mattel Intellivision Test

DarkAkuma Canoe Compatiblity Sfrom Tool Link:)

http://darkakuma.z-net.us/p/sfromtool.html

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:)

**UPDATE 1-18-18**

Custom Cheats Fixed:) (Thanks for heads up Dark Hurrikane!) They need to be selected a special way (back out til you are just out of retroarch directory, then select NEW cheats folder), as in my video. I did it this way to avoid conflicts and formatting issues. Intermediate Ripping Tools for PS1, etc. Games! Videos showcasing both are at end of this description! Fixed Nestopia. All RetroArchs are Updated to reflect this! RetroArch 1.6.7 added back for those who prefer to use that Variant. Secondary Arcade Compatibility list added (Thanks deathr0w!). I updated chdman to work with both 32/64 bit (thanks for heads up on 32 bit shawnsub:) I always listen to feedback, and greatly appreciate all who follow me here, Reddit, GBA Temp, YouTube, etc:) Thank you all! I am trying to fulfill all requests, and I get some for every Update:) I will be restructuring my Core Set, probably by the weekend, so that files do not HAVE to be downloaded in one massive .7zip file. I will make them individually available, for grabs:) Enjoy Today's Update! There will be more Arcade Series Videos and another Update by the weekend:) Anyone having issues with SD Card, be patient, and use previous version of Hakchi, for now. Thank you:) I will also revise the 3 MAME 2003 Cores so they can be used simultaneously, for the Next Update:)

SNES Classic - In the Hunt - Intermediate PS1 Ripping:)

SNES Classic - Custom RetroArch Cheats!

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

HUGE thanks! I got In the Hunt working just now using your method on USB-HOST. Going to try your new MAME2003 cores next! :grog:

Question: Do you HAVE to use the same reinstall folder on USB-HOST (1-5-18 for example ALWAYS has to use the 1-5-18 reinstall)?

Last edited by LuckY07,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HUGE thanks! I got In the Hunt working just now using your method on USB-HOST. Going to try your new MAME2003 cores next! :grog:

Question: Do you HAVE to use the same reinstall folder on USB-HOST (1-5-18 for example ALWAYS has to use the 1-5-18 reinstall)?

Yes, because madmonkey modules is DIFFERENT for 1-5 and 1-14, otherwise you will get shutdown errors. Glad you got to enjoy In the Hunt:) Dual-MAME 2003 is a blast! I should have done it sooner! But, enough people wanted it that I did.

Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a great game ! Are you a fan of the Metal Slugs ? Have you played Demon Front yet ?

I do like metal slugs.. I was actually wondering if it's possible to play MS5 on SNESc.

As for Demon Front, I just googled it after u posted. It looks pretty cool, I've never tried it out. I was playing Dracula X for PCE CD on this a lot lately along with
Spinmaster (Neo Geo).

I got final fight with Sega CD OST working.. but only the 60mb mono version. The mixed stereo version wouldn't load..

Last edited by LuckY07,
Reactions: ByteThis

RF9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This feels like a dated question these days, but:

When using a SNES controller on a NES classic, what's the best way to remap the buttons for NES games?

Specifically, I am using a Club Nintendo Wii SNES controller with the NES classic. It's great for SNES games on Retroarch. But, when playing NES games, I'd prefer for the Y button to map to B, and for the B button to map to A. (Feels better to me than the default mapping.)

Is the best choice to switch all of the NES games to use retroarch, so I can do a custom mapping for that core? Or, is there another way to do this while keeping the NES games using the default clover-kachikachi-wr?

Thanks!

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The hmod everybody on USB-Host needs!!!

Instead of having cores install to the NAND, they will be moved to external flash drive!! Meaning you can install ALL cores!

Reactions: loveShmups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg