Hardware Hard Disk 3Tb

giacomo1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello I wanted to ask can I connect a 3tb hard disk reads the wii?
my 2tb is filled and there is no more space and I thought to buy a 3 tb but I do not know if you will read the wii, what do you think?
do you know if there is a 3tb hard disk that works for sure?
I would like to take this:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B008I9CSE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

can you help me please? what can I connect? even bigger than 3tb is fine with me
thank you.

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
It should work. The Wii has high compatibility with USB HDD's. The only thing to look out for is that the HDD is externally powered, because the Wii can't give much amperage through the USB port. Since that one is externally powered, that will not be an issue. So it should work, even if it doesn't you can just return it.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
hello I wanted to ask can I connect a 3tb hard disk reads the wii?
my 2tb is filled and there is no more space and I thought to buy a 3 tb but I do not know if you will read the wii, what do you think?
do you know if there is a 3tb hard disk that works for sure?
I would like to take this:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B008I9CSE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

can you help me please? what can I connect? even bigger than 3tb is fine with me
thank you.
Get a WD basics or Toshiba instead.

giacomo1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I bought this external 3tb powered hard drive:
"Western Digital Elements Portable 3 TB External Hard-Disk, USB 3.0"
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B06XG892ZH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
however it is formatted in NTFS and I can not format it in FAT32 with any program.
I also used AOMEI me always gets me the error:
"Total system too large & exceed the file system allowed capacity"
How can I solve?
thank you

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPT and FAT are different things. It can be GPT and FAT32. Why not NTFS?

NTFS doesn't work with the HBC, Gamecube loaders or many other homebrew apps. Wii cIOSes do not care what filesystem the drive is so why not use FAT32 - the most compatible? :)

D

Deleted User

NTFS doesn't work with the HBC, Gamecube loaders or many other homebrew apps. Wii cIOSes do not care what filesystem the drive is so why not use FAT32 - the most compatible? :)
Oh wow, I forgot the main topic of this thread. To use with the Wii. Thanks

Reactions: bennyman123abc

giacomo1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks to all I have succeeded I have it formatted in fat32 thanks to "guiformat" (FAT32 Format) :)
This hard drive is 100% working with the wii :)
it's very small and it's very silent and it's very fast :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Sirscotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself have a 4TB WD EasyStore (portable, USB Powered), I have partition 1 as 800GB formatted Fat32 for all my Gamecube stuff. Partition 2 is the remainder of the capacity of the drive , formatted NTFS and holds all my Wii games (over 1600). Pretty much fills the entire drive. Will be putting EmuNand on 32GB SD card as time allows. So far so good using both WiiFlow and USB Loader GX. Do not really care much about the Virtual Console, as I have a Raspberry Pi connected, as well as real hardware for most of the systems covered.

Last edited by Sirscotty,
D

Deleted_434522

Newbie here. I have a Seagate 3tb HDR and wanting to format it too fat32 with a 32k so I can put over 2tb of wii games on it along with my GameCube collection. Can anybody able to shred some info on how to get the hdd into fat32 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum