Homebrew Help Getting Homebrew Browser

AaronMakDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently installed homebrew on my 3DS via boot9strap. I used a flash cart, got luma and homebrew launched okay but when I add the browser to my sd card, nothing shows up on the app. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by homebrew browser?
Do you mean the Homebrew Launcher?

Did you follow all the steps from 3ds.guide when you installed b9s/cfw?
Hopefully you have FBI, Homebrew Launcher is rarely used for anything anymore.
Nowadays most people like to install their homebrew apps via CIA files.

Anyhow read the FAQ for Homebrew Launcher, and then make sure you have the 3dsx files where they need to be.

EDIT: Should've searched prior to posting.
If you mean this Homebrew Browser, I'd suggest not using it. It was last updated 3 years ago and has a warning right on the page saying it's "early stage software."

EDIT2: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew_Browser
Above page says "EDIT: homebrew browser is offline"
I can't imagine how you found an old unmaintained project.
Stick with the current/popular/maintained stuff.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

AaronMakDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help.

I installed the .cia file and got it running. But apparently my flash cart, Stargate 3DS, can't run in DS mode with CFW installed.
There isn't any way to uninstall CFW without losing my homebrew apps is there? I'm just looking to get both old emulators and DS roms on my 3DS but it's starting to look like that isn't possible.

If not, do you know of any other way to get these emulators without installing CFW?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help.

I installed the .cia file and got it running. But apparently my flash cart, Stargate 3DS, can't run in DS mode with CFW installed.
There isn't any way to uninstall CFW without losing my homebrew apps is there? I'm just looking to get both old emulators and DS roms on my 3DS but it's starting to look like that isn't possible.

If not, do you know of any other way to get these emulators without installing CFW?
Ouch, that hurt me on a few levels right there. No big deal. Stargate 3ds is a scam. It's an overpriced flashcart that offers the same thing as all the others for an extra $50. Anyway, cfw shouldn't effect the flashcart in any way, shape or form. A cfw is just a regular 3ds with heightened permissions and a few patches here and there. You having/ not having cfw should have no impact on how the card functions. Lastly, why do you need the DS mode of the cart? Twloader's compatibility list has gotten very high is recent months, and can run many ds ROMs.

AaronMakDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys I'll try and see if it works. Just to make sure, this plays DS roms right and not just actual games?

I sill don't know what I cant run DS mode off the flash cart but the only reason I can find online is that it conflicts with CFW somehow. I messaged tech support so hopefully they can help me out. In the meantime I'll try my luck with TWLoader.

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys I'll try and see if it works. Just to make sure, this plays DS roms right and not just actual games?

I sill don't know what I cant run DS mode off the flash cart but the only reason I can find online is that it conflicts with CFW somehow. I messaged tech support so hopefully they can help me out. In the meantime I'll try my luck with TWLoader.
Twloader can only do one or the other. Older versions of nds bootstrap run homebrew fine, but cant run retail games. Newer versions on the other hand dropped homebrew compatibility in favor of retail rom loading. It's up to you which one you pick, you kind of backed yourself into a corner with stargate. Hope everything works out at the very least.

AaronMakDonald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I uninstalled cfw to get ds mode working again and it does - but now all my homebrew applications wont launch so I can't use my emulators. Is there any possible way to uninstall cfw and still be able to use apps downloaded through homebrew?

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I uninstalled cfw to get ds mode working again and it does - but now all my homebrew applications wont launch so I can't use my emulators. Is there any possible way to uninstall cfw and still be able to use apps downloaded through homebrew?

Either install CFW again, or live with it.

CFW is better than any other homebrew option. https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting can help if the problem persists.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, im afraid that is how it works. im telling you though, having cfw is much more worth it than being able to load ds roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1